gggrrr, i hate my pre-natal assessment unit!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
Just phoned as I've been getting major pains today. Whenever I call I always seem to get this VERY grumpy midwife. When I went in at 25 weeks after being pushed into a clothes rack by a very rude woman who told me to 'move my fat ass out her way' I met the midwife for the first time. She literally screamed at me to sit in the waiting room and then informed me my disabled mum would have to wait OUTSIDE the hospital as there wasn't enough room for her in the empty 20 seat waiting room. :evil: Anyway everytime I call the pre-natal assessment unit I always get this midwife on the phone who has a habit of making out I am lying about the pains I get. I got her 10 minutes ago and she sighed very dramatically and just said '2 paracetamol, bath and sleep!' before hanging up. :x :evil: :x

I actually loathe this woman so much! It is bordering on hatred.

Awww JoAnn! I can't believe how insensitive some people in the medical profession can be :talkhand: For all she knew, you could be sitting there with a head poking between your legs and that being your next question!! Grrrr :shakehead:

I completely understand that they might be understaffed with lots of women in labour there, but that is no excuse to speak to someone like that :( . The lovely MW I had when I was sent in because of my regular BH told me that she was completing her MW course and was only a trainee but she said "in Midwifery, the first rule I truly believe is to make sure every single pregnant woman that walks through the delivery suite doors is made to feel as though she is the only person in the world who is in labour at that moment." she was so sweet and was truly MADE to be a MW!

:hug: Hope she's booked a holiday or something so you don't have to deal with her again - Sounds like she needs it :roll: xx

Oh bless you, I don't know what to suggest really and it's horrible being made to feel like a complete pain in the bum by them. I've been really lucky this time round in my pregnancy to have had such good careing midwifes and doctors up until now, obviously there are a few weeks left of being pregnant but so far 5*

:hug: :hug:

She sounds horrible! Why are some of these moody and unhelpful MidWives in their professions!
I had a very grumpy MidWife at 1 of my appointments a few weeks ago she was really un-chatty and cold with me (not like my usual MidWife) she didnt even introduce herself to us just told us to sit! And when she was giving me a blood form she did this weird thing where she made it look like she was going to give it to me as if handing it to me then when i went to take it she pulled it back and did a weird grinch like smile as if she was playing some weird game?!?
Even as we were leaving my OH said "do you want me to leave the door open?" And she asked if anyone was waiting to which he looked in the corridor and said "yes theres a woman waiting" and she sighed really loudly pulled an annoyed face and said "fine just leave it open then"..
:hug: I feel your annoyance JoAnn!! x

why do some people choose to work with people if they are not a people person!! :evil: :wall: they should get a job where they dont have to interact with others if they are not going to treat them with a bit of respect!

ANNA27 said:
why do some people choose to work with people if they are not a people person!! :evil: :wall: they should get a job where they dont have to interact with others if they are not going to treat them with a bit of respect!
Well said Anna! :clap: Its bizarre that they actually choose a job thats clearly not suited to them with their personality's :think: x

:hug:

What are you supposed to do if you're in pain???? Silly woman, I hope she's not there when you actually go in. Ask for someone else and say you find her rude.

Make a complaint, she has no right to talk to you like that its rude and uncalled for, your pregnant, its her job to be polite and helpful :hug:

MissyRee said:
ANNA27 said:
Well said Anna! :clap: Its bizarre that they actually choose a job thats clearly not suited to them with their personality's :think: x

Exactly! I have actually had a few midwifes at the hospital who are clearly not suited to the job in the sense of their lack of people skills. At first I thought 'maybe she is having a rough day', second time I thought 'bit huffy!' but now it just seems like that is who she is 24/7! :roll:

If I get her again, whether it is on the phone or at the hospital I am going to make a complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back