Getting to the Hospital

(*)FebBaby(*)

Reaction score
I live in Edinburgh and there is only one hospital that you can give birth at...today my midwife told us that they won't send an ambulance if you are not bleeding :? So we will need to get a taxi :( Are taxi's alright about taking you if you are in labour? Should you tell them when you phone?

I am quite gutted coz when i phoned the taxi company to ask the price it's going to be £35.00!!! So need to keep loadz of my Maternity Grant by :(

Oh well.....

Those black cabs can be a right rip off. :x

I have heard of people using taxi's before and they never had any probs so it should be alright. I don't see why you have to tell the driver that you're in labour, but it might be best incase they turn up for you then refuse, which means you might have to wait again for another to turn up.

I hope you don't have any probs getting to hospital. xxx

£35 seems a lot, how far do u live from the hospital?
Have you tried private hire cabs instead of black cabs? Normally they are cheaper.
We live 60 miles from the hospital and been told we've to make our own way there too. I have my boyfriend/mum on standby to drive me whenever labour decides to kick in!
Good Luck! :wink:

can a member of family not take you? Seems a lot of cash tbh

i have 2 hospitals 5 and 10 mins away walking wise

i think if they have only one hospital for you then they should send out an abulance thats outragous

That is outrageous. You could always call an ambulance and say that your bleeding, then when you get to the hospital say, 'Oops sorry the blood was just from a cut on my finger and I got confused thinking it was from down there" :oops:

when we were living in southampton for last baby we enquired about taxi and most companies refused to transport a lady in labour :shock: we had no family there or any friends with cars so we planned on just ringing for a ambulance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back