Getting to the hospital?

becks20

Reaction score
How are you all getting to the hospital? especially people that are going to be going in cars.

Me and OH was going to drive to the hospital and this is still gonna go ahead if i go into labour at night *fingers crossed* But if not then we dont know how to get up there as i went for my scan thursday and the 2 carparks they have had a HUGE queue to each and we drove around for half an hour and finally found a space on 1 of the side roads round the back of the hospital. Might end up getting a taxi there lol x

Ive decided to get my dad to drive me and my mum to the hospital, but he'll just drop us off and go home. Then FOB will come seperatly and so it gives him time to find a parking space and not panic that Im still in the car or that Im left on my own.

Im a little worried about parking spaces as well, but I figure at the time, I probably wont be thinking about it lol. x

my dads taking me but im within a 5mins of hosp by car and there drop off points etc and temp waiitng spaces for a+e he will park there see me in and go home with my dd il get sorted while my birthpartner[best friend] panicks and makes her way there she also lives only a few mins away

My mum and OH came with me last time but at that hospital they had alot more parking but even at night it was busy there. My mum parked in a loading bay and even tho it was like midnight i was still worried about her getting a ticket there lol x

reckon i'll get dropped off at the door and let OH go and park it, unless it is really dramatic and OH needs to abandon the car somewhere and dash in quick. don't fancy the £50 fine for the taxi if my waters break all over it, plus they're always late round here. 5 minutes love means about 45 minutes in my experience.

I did mention to OH about dropping me off and him coming up after hes parked but i think he needs to be with me the whole time, this is his 1st baby and i already feel bad enough that i kinda know about everything and he didnt even know what i meant when i said i was loosing my plug! Im just really hoping that its at night then atleast we would get parked somewhere lol x

Last edited:
hopefully i will give birth at the birth centre in town and they have about 2 births a week so im sure our car will fit in, but if i have to go to hospital, i was more thinking about.. if you are staying there for a day or so, it will cost LOADS to park there?

hopefully i will give birth at the birth centre in town and they have about 2 births a week so im sure our car will fit in, but if i have to go to hospital, i was more thinking about.. if you are staying there for a day or so, it will cost LOADS to park there?

If you stay in the hospital but your not in labour then your OH will only beable to come see you at visiting times anyway so you wouldnt be parking there for the whole days. My OH will be at work if i have to stay in hospital so he can have more time off when baby and me are home. they do do 24hour car park tickets tho x

think my oh is taking me but with the whole car park situation i think its terrible. Say you are actually like going to give birth and need to get in hospital right away and you cant get parked i think its terrible there should be a free park for everyone in labour ward and should be able to park without getting fines etc.

My OH will be driving us there :) They've a seperate entrance to the maternity unit so you drive in at the opposite side and drive right round the back to avoid the main road - well thought out actually! They've also temp spaces whilst you get sorted then they give OH a car badge and send them off to find a space.

Didn't really think about this! Both my previous labours have been in the night so easy to get a space but we're knackered if I go into labour in the day.. I have quick labours and the car park is impossible to park in!!

With my first my FIL dropped me off, had a palava on the way cos we had to stop for petrol and the car needed jump starting and noone would help! Even with me sat there aboutto give birth! 2nd time my dad was meant to take me, but I ended up going in in am ambulance, blue lights and sirens! We've got a seperate entrance to the women unit too!

good thinking ladies i think i'll ask my dad to tk me mum and husband up so he can drop us off if he's home not sure what we'll do if its in the day hope ad pray i think xx

Oh is driving me with mother following, Im hoping its at night as the carpark is brimmingly full due to free parking - with some luck I will be able to be dropped off and go in myself and then they can catch me up if they need to park.

midwife told me to make a sign for inthe car saying "woman in labour, car will be moved as soon as possible!" and then park in the drop off point just outside. then once youre settled in OH can go and move it. Not convinced it will work! But I work in the hospital so Ihave a staff pass to get into the staff bit, shame its the other side of the bloomin hospital tho, the walk will prob do me good.

midwife told me to make a sign for inthe car saying "woman in labour, car will be moved as soon as possible!" and then park in the drop off point just outside. then once youre settled in OH can go and move it. Not convinced it will work! But I work in the hospital so Ihave a staff pass to get into the staff bit, shame its the other side of the bloomin hospital tho, the walk will prob do me good.

thats actually a really good idea going to tell my oh to do that x

I know its a little early for me but my OH has already thought about this... my dad has got a disabled badge so we are going to get him to drive us to the hospital then use his badge to park , basically wherever we can find a bit of space. the hospital does get extremely busy tho and its a good 25 mins drive from my house so im a little worried... but all will be ok im sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back