• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting nervous....

cassi

Reaction score
Well as i put in my moving thread Alan is going to ask to stay as a shift engineer full time instead of going back to the office as management as the money for shift is just too good to walk away from. At first he was only going to do it for 3 months if that as 2 guys were temporaraly away from work and he was stepping in for them as he knew what to do. Then he asked for it to be extended abit to give us more money for Jakobs things, which it was, untill January.

But the other week he was talking to his manager who said to him that 2 guys are retiring sometime but they havnt had anything in writing yet and dont know when, and if they do then he will be the first to be asked to stay on shift permanently if he would like, but there is no way of knowing if/when the guys are definatly retiring as they havnt handed anything formal in as yet so it could be this year or next year or the year after.

But we really want to move and we cant untill we know what sort of money he will be on next year because that will decide how much we can afford to spend on a house.

We have seen some really nice houses and tomorrow he is going to ask his manager if he can have a straight answer wether he can have a permanent shift job as it will decide wether we can start selling our house and looking at new ones straight away.

Sooooo tomorrow will be the decider and its a long shot because he could easily say that there is no way he can give Alan a permanent job that isnt actually open at the moment because the other guys havnt left...or he could just hope the guys will be retiring this year and guess that the guys will be gone before jan anyway and say yes.

So im really nervous cause whatever answer he gets tomorrow will decide on ALOT! :pray: :pray: :pray: so please wish him luck.

Cas xx

Hope everything goes well tomorrow Cassi, guess you're going to be on tenterhooks! :hug:

Thankyou huni, i really really want to move now..im sick of the neighbours too and their stupid music all the time!!! :wall:

Hi

Oh hun good luck , cant wait to hear what you say
Katrina

Any news hun? I hope it went your way :pray: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member