Getting mobile

charlie84

Reaction score
Now i know every baby is different in there development but i still wonder how long it will take for Calleigh to be on the move.

I think the main reason i ask is that she doesnt roll over, hates being on her belly and just flails around crying. She has only recently found out that she can support her weight on her legs and then only for a short while.
So i am wondering how on earth does she go from just sitting to crawling/walking. I just dont see it happening.

Another thing that is concerning me is that when i took her to be weighed she had dropped down her usual percentile however the HV said 'oh that will be because she is more active moving around' but i said well she doesnt move around and she said 'oh right'. So she then proceeded to ask me what she can do and after looking a little shocked she just said oh well she is probably a talker instead. But i darent mention that she has yet to even babble any word yet :? I think i heard a 'ma' the other day but thats it.

Argh i just dont really know what the point of this thread is, i think i just hear how well other babies are doing and some of them are so much younger than Calleigh.

Don't worry about it :hug:

Finlay doesn't do much either and whinges half the time when you put him on his front as he gets so wound up about not being able to do anything.

She'll get there in her own time :D

dunno... Lil miss mid September only just learnt to move from sitting to commando crawling, and today she took her first steps... If you'd asked me back in September if lil miss would be walking by now, I'd have said a resounding no... but babies do what they want and your LO is still very young. Enjoy her limited movement while you still can.. :hug:

Oh i am enjoying the lack of mobility at the moment, i think its alot of people seem to be commenting on what she cant do :x and OH is now going on about it. I just keep telling him that he ought to enjoy the fact she cant get to his prized dvd collection and pull them off the shelves :lol: i for one wont be making sure they go back on in the correct order when she does :lol:

He'll soon be moaning when she CAN get to his things! :lol:

I'm sure it won't be long. Finlay has weeks where he seems to pick up a lot in that week and then does nothing new for ages :lol:

Dont worry about it :hug: Lily went from shuffling back a tiny amount to zipping round the lounge crawling in about 2/3 weeks. Its scary how quick they get it out of no where. Lily refused to roll at 7months too now she is i reckon a couple of weeks away from walking. :hug:

I want a sitting baby back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks ladies :D
I think when you have people banging on about how she should be doing this and should be doing that it starts to get to you. My response is the usual 'she will do it when she is ready, theres no rush' but it gets a bit tiring saying it all the time.
But i am sure once she can get about i will have a handful as she dont half eye up everything from a distance and she loves playing with things she shouldnt really play with so she will have a field day when she can get to everything :lol:
Currently i am waiting for my upgrade phone and it needs to arrive soon as little madam here has drooled all over mine and it is now not working properly :wall:

i know how you feel. Green bean rolls but that's it.
I sometimes get really disheartened when i see threads of other babies doing so well, rolling, sitting, walking, talking early etc but that's a downside of a forum, with so many people and so many babies there are bound to be early and late developers and you just notice it more on here.
Some babies are content to just be, so they take longer to develop, like ours :) others are fussy beggars who are desperate to get into things. We're getting the better deal really, keep telling yourself that :lol: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back