Sleeping on Tummy

charlie84

Reaction score
I have put Calleigh down for a nap and she has rolled onto her front (First time she rolls properly and its in her sleep :lol: ). Well this had resulted in her having a longer nap than usual. She usually has about 40 mins. She has so far slept for 1.5 hours and is still sound asleep.
My question is should i let her nap that way or move her back on her back? Or do you think that her being able to have a longer nap would be beneficial to her as she always wakes up and seems to need more sleep but wont sleep any longer than 40 mins.

midna said:
leave her its perfectly safe if she can get there by herself .. enjoy the extra me time :wink:

Oh goody :) I cant help going to check if she is ok tho :roll: Silly mummy

leland now sleeps on his tummy , had done since 5 months , sometimes on his side cuddling his blanket .

As soon as Lucy started sleeping on her tummy we found she would sleep better and for longer! Even if you moved her she'd probably roll back so you might as well enjoy the peace!

Ted loves sleeping on his tummy, and has since he was tiny, i used to watch him like a hawk but i put him on his front for some naps on the advice of my HV, he had really bad wind and it helped him 'pop' them out as he was napping. Now he is strong enought to move, he sometimes sleeps on his front at night too, he sleeps better like this :hug: :hug:

I think the official advice is that you should roll them back on to their back until they can roll back themselves, after that its fine. Think it was the NHS birth to 5 book I read that.

Don't think it would hurt if you are around.

Phoebe rolled for the first time last week :) She doesn't do it in her sleep yet - only onto her side. We've got a movement sensor pad thing, which puts my mind at rest a bit, but then again I am a major panicker lol.
:hug: :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
Ted loves sleeping on his tummy, and has since he was tiny, i used to watch him like a hawk but i put him on his front for some naps on the advice of my HV, he had really bad wind and it helped him 'pop' them out as he was napping. Now he is strong enought to move, he sometimes sleeps on his front at night too, he sleeps better like this :hug: :hug:

snap!

James wont sleep any other way.

James only slept on his back for a week - since then its been on his side or tummy. I only ever slept on my tummy as a baby too :)

Thanks for your reply girls :D

Well that nap lasted well over two hours and when she woke she didnt seem to bothered by the fact she was on her tummy however i was there to pick her up.

Well she hasnt rolled over since :lol: only onto her side to grab her toys.
She has however had much longer naps of over two hours yesterday and today on her back, which is not at all like her :think:

She is usually one hell of a sleep fighter in the day and today i lay her on the bed, quickly nipped to the loo before going to offer a boob and she was flat out by the time i got back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back