getting babys head engaged

titch

Reaction score
Okay, I neeeeeeed to get this babys head engaged cos my midwife is talking about involving a consultant now and doubting my pelvis's ability to have a baby :wall2:

A few questions;

does wearing 'under the bump' maternity trousers stop the baby engaging?(was wondering cos band might get in the way?)

How EXACTLY should I be bouncing on this ball? Ive been doing it for weeks and have decided I must be doing it wrong

What other tips n tricks have you got to get babys head to engage? waving sweeties under my foof and shouting to baby to come and get em?!?!:oooo:

Lots of walking is apparently meant to help babys head engage and rolling in circles on the birthing ball :) it helps to open the pelvis for his head to engage. x

What other tips n tricks have you got to get babys head to engage? waving sweeties under my foof and shouting to baby to come and get em?!?!:oooo:[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha :rotfl:

My MW told me to walk sideways up & down the stairs, like a crab! And roll side to side on the ball. Good luck xxx

side to side, thats new info....gonna try it, thanks!

Hahahaa just saw the bit you wrote about the sweets!! One of my OH`s workmates told him to get some smarties and put them just inside and baby will come get them lol was funny x

Really wish I had some advice for you Tiny - but didnt want to read & run......

Will keep my fingers crossed that something works for you xx

yeah we have been thinking similar to the sweeties but with a torch to do some morse code ;)

:rofl: Megs - I LOVE IT!!

There is your answer Tiny!

MMMMMMMMMM...That has made me want some Irn Bru now!!

OMG thats kinda freaky!!! But i love it, if my baby reached his hand out for the smarties I think Id just grab it and pull!!!

I want to do the same Tiny so up and down the stairs sideways it is! I have been walking absolutely everywhere in the hope that baby will descend, also am going to borrow a gym ball as I have lost the stopper to mine :wall: looks like we're in this together hun, I have a week to get mine down before I see the consultant, if head is down ish then it goes in my favour - otherwise I fear I may have a battle on my hands, OH is behind me all the way tho. GOOD LUCK :hug:

oh so Monday is that big day for both of us then!!! I went shopping today and hoovered so lots of time on my feet but Im shattered now! Good luck!

Tuesday for me - I will be thinking of you though. Im knackered from walking everywhere and not getting as much sleep as I should be. Will be doing the stairs thing though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back