Getting annoyed!!

NatEvz

Reaction score
Is anybody else getting a daily stream of text messages from people asking whether or not babys made an appearence yet?

I am so fed up of it at the minute. Dont get me wrong, there are people who ive been in touch with throughout my pregnancy who text me to see how im doing and how im feeling etc and of course i enjoy talking to these people and updating them. But whats starting to get on my nerves is this stream of people who have had nothing to do with me and hubby since i found out i was pregnant, texting either of us every couple of days to see if baby has arrived yet. Amazing how theyre taking an interest now babys due date is approaching. And the amount of people who think its acceptable to invite themselves to our house or to the hospital already when babys born is unreal!!May sound totally anti social but they shant be getting into the house!!!!

Anyone else feeling the same or is it just anti social me :) xxx

:hugs:

You want to put ppl straight about visiting and let them know you wish it to be family only and would like time to bond with your babies first hours and week on your own and could they respect your wish/privacy. Then when you are ready you can contact them.

x

Happened with my 1st born. Continued after I had him too....relatives ringing the house phone during the day (when I should have been trying to sleep as I wasnt able to sleep at night) and then moaning to OH about me not answering the phone! Stick to your guns, perhaps send a pic message to those that you want to send one to and ignore the phone & door until you feel ready! xx

my MIL is lovely but it did piss me off when she said she expects a call as soon as i go into labour so she can be there and see the baby the second hes born - errrrr what if im bloody exhausted and need some time with just OH and baby??? grr! x

I didn't even tell our parents I was in labour. They found out 3 hours after Isla was born. Even then I didn't let anyone see me until the next day, I was looking pretty shocking, emergency section, catheter etc so just me and hubby together for 36 hours.

I limited guests as well. It's your house remember!! X

my MIL is lovely but it did piss me off when she said she expects a call as soon as i go into labour so she can be there and see the baby the second hes born - errrrr what if im bloody exhausted and need some time with just OH and baby??? grr! x

Oh no, a MIL isn't exactly the first thing you want to see after giving birth!

Oh no, a MIL isn't exactly the first thing you want to see after giving birth!

not only that but shes been taking photography classes and she cant wait to bring her brand new huge professional camera for those just given birth shots :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back