Getting annoyed now

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
I don't feel like anything is particularly imminent, so just because I'm technically near my due date I haven't really changed what I do during the day. Still going out and about and doing pony etc.
Except everyone who sees me out is like 'oh when are you due?' and when I tell them they look at me like I'm gonna give birth right there! I went to look at wedding dresses with my SIL-to-be yesterday and I think the assistant wanted to get rid of us. She was so OTT, kept telling me to stay sat down, relax etc...even said at one point, 'is something happening, you have your hand on your bump'. RARRGH!
I then had to walk about 2 miles to the tax credit office and back and got told off there...how else was I gonna get there when they don't have parking any closer??
I've had to let my dad go and do my pony today cos he has to take a drum of water up there for me as the taps have frozen and obviously I can't lift it....but I will be sneaking out later just to say hello to her :)
I don't see why I should make myself housebound just to keep other people happy! I also think that if I stay in all day every day that my labour will take longer to start.
Sorry about the rant, it's just getting too much! I think I might make up a different due date next time someone asks me.

Some people are old fashioned and believe you should be sitting with your feet up all day. Keeping active like you are is good for you. It will keep you fit in preperation for labour and get baby in a good position for labour. Let them say what they like, you keep doing what you feel comfortable with chick xx

my mum and dad are little bit over protective with all the snow my husband let me walk to the shop and they were disgusted he didnt go with me in case i slipped but he had a really bad chest and couldnt breath!

i had the same i was still out and about when i was overdue the amount of people who told me i should stay at home was unbelivable xx

That's annoying isn't it! People are like that though, if they haven't gone through childbirth they don't understand that the baby isntgoing to just fall out! God they are so stupid sometimes. That's what I'm dreading, if I get close to due date and have people on my case, I'm gonna be like "go away" lol. X

Good for you being able to do all those things still!! keeping active will help the birth process and recovery so keep it up xx

rbryan - to be fair, I did slip in the ice the day before yesterday and have pulled a muscle in my groin, blimmin painful! Didn't even go over, just opened my legs slightly wider than they wanted to go haha!! :)

well thats probably why then lol just take it easy but still do your day to day things xx

I know how you feel! I really don't feel like I'm about to go into labour so am just doing what I need to do - although would be doing more if the weather wasn't so bad. My parents were appalled that I walked to the corner shop by myself in the snow the other day, but I needed milk and OH was busy. Having said that, I'm getting knackered far more quickly so do have to take care with that. It would also be helpful if the schools were open and I didn't have to look after OHs kids - had a busy day with them yesterday and am craving alone time.

Just do what feels right for you hun! I am desperate to be out and about but in this snow i dont trust myself, espcially being so stiff in the pelvis at the moment, last think i want is to fall.

im half thinking now that it aint ever gonna be born LOL so impatient! it has no excuses now, ive packed the bag!

Do what you want hun!! Lol I was in asda 9th October at 2pm walking around like nothing was wrong doing my food shopping had him 12pm 10th October, I took my boy out everyday carried the pram and shopping I didn't let being pregnant stop my routine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back