• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Get off my back woman

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
The same woman who told me that 'ultrasounds are painful and dangerous for your baby and show that you dont trust your unborn child' has just come out with another cracker today

basically Liam is at a wedding with Jasper (my 1 year old) so i decided it would be the very best idea to empty half our bedroom, shake n vac the floor (which smells a bit and is really getting to me) and then do the other half the floor at the same time as packing everything away, throwing stuff away we dont need/want for the new place and generally having a sort out of the bedroom (which is really hard to do when you have a 1 year old running about)

so i posted a status this morning saying all the things i wanted to be getting on with and what does she come out with;

'Shake n vac? What are you stuck in the past woman, this is just more unneccessary dangerous crap for your unborn child'

FFS!

Firstly, i dont see her offering to come round and scrub my carpets with lemon juice or whatever she thinks would be 'suitable' for me to use in my delicate state

secondly, i am a pretty crunchy mama, i dont use any nappies other than my reusables and 1 disposible (eco at that) at night

I dont use anything but ecover washing powder, dishwashing liquid and i use ecover on most of the sides too except when we have had chicken or they havent been got round to being cleaned for a while and then i blitz them with anti-bacterial whats-it

i bleach the loo once a month and the rest of the time just use vinegar in it

So actually, who the HELL does she think she is telling me i am a bad mother or whatever for using a bit of shake n vac rather than scrubbing a carpet i am only going to have to deal with for another few weeks maximum??

I dont get it at all, i have friends who use uber strength washing powders, dishwashing stuff etc and it doesnt cross my mind to be so emotive and full on with them about it. If they ask me what i do or why i do it i will tell them but actually its not my job to be anyone else's mind for them. If they want to do something, carry on. It certainly doesnt make them bad people OR bad parents

I am just so peeved about it. It seems whatever you do, you can never get it right and it does my nut in!

I would so block her - not something you need to be listening to right now

What does sh think you're gonna do with it exactly? Eat it?! I'd get back on Facebook and tell her where to go!! X

Put ur status as
I have just ate shake and vac in toast yum yum lol

OMG I think delete or block is necessary for people like that! How dare she - stupid cow!

I'd defo delete her! I had to delete someone on facebook the other week because she kept commenting on my status' making me worry! She told i'm farr too big for how far gone I am and asked if it was all baby!!? And with every symptom I had she kept saying I have pre eclampsia. You don't need to listen to people like that. Ask her if she's got any spare cotton wool to wrap you up in.
What a stupid bint! lol
xx

Just reading that made me angry, I can't believe people can be so insensitive! We all have people we'd like to block for one reason or another but can't because of who they are but if you can get away with it I would definitely delete her. What a beeeeatch!

Christ woman butt out. How you don't yell at her, I don't know.

Id tell her to piss off and then delete and block - what a tool!

I have asked her to get off my back. What a knob... She basically had a huge go at me for going for an ultrasound (the day after i had been so it obviously had no other reason than to make me feel guilty about it. Now i am to feel guilty for actually doing some tidying up! So un-necessary. I am sure there is plenty i could say about her life if i wanted to but actually i think i would rather just ignore her. I would block her but i reckon i will run into her at a mutual friends house at some point and i would rather it was not awkward.

i wouldnt care, id block anyway and say fb did it and u didnt notice if it ever comes up.

If you don't want to block her (because of repercussions) you can block her from seeing your statuses in the privacy settings!

I just dont get what she thinks she will achieve by being like this. I am not going to suddenly become 'more' crunchy because she bloody well tells me too - I have my own life and mind and i have my limits and boundaries like everyone else. We are all different and i am sure some people would be HORRIFIED at the use of Shake N Vac in their homes, like i am HORRIFIED when i hear of people smoking in their homes when children live there, but its not my job or right to give them shit about it. Its up to them frankly to sort themselves out!

The pregnant girl upstairs got pisses last night! I'm not going to go and tell her what's wrong with that because it's not rite (as much as I'd like!) you tell this woman that if she wants to pick a fight to get herself onto the PF! :angry face:

Nice!

It must be hard to bite your tongue when someone is being so phenominally unfair to their unborn. I go to the pub once a week and have a drink (i play the guitar and sing so its sort of part of that) but i would never get pissed (however tempting it is to have one or three more rum n cokes :D )

I would feel like such a pleb if i got really drunk while pregnant, i can't imagine its a nice feeling at all :(

1 ok, enough so u play music loud at 3am shout down the phone and stomp around keeping is downstairs awake, not ok!

she just deleted me - Problem solved i suppose

I sent her the following message;

So you deleted me as a 'friend' fair enough Annie i was two steps away from doing that myself!

I dont want or need you to continually judge my life, tell me i am a bad mother for having an ultrasound (the day after i had one) or that i am a terrible person for using a cleaning product

For your information, i only use ecover washing powder, cleaning stuffs for the kitchen and dishwashing stuff. I am generally very 'eco' and i dont need you acting as my conscious, you are, quite frankly, preaching to the converted.

What you thought you would achieve by 'telling me off' in such an emotive way and suggesting i am abusing my unborn child is beyond me. It seems that your life is quite a sad place to be and therefore you feel the need to put others down rather than look in the mirror and realise some things about yourself.

I am sure i could judge you many times over on things you say or do, but i dont because i dont know you, i have only met you once and i wouldnt presume to know anything about you.

I think the following quote means quite a lot here

'If people try and bring you down, it only shows they are below you'

Perhaps you should learn something from that, and stop trying to bring other decent folk down for no reason. Its pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back