Am I just being paranoid?

kerrymac

Reaction score
I have a 6 year old daughter and about 7 kids in her class have got "slapped cheek syndrome" and one of the mums said it is dangerous for unborn babies if a pregnant woman gets it, but apparently adults can have no symptoms. ive been flapping like mad since this morning, has anyone ever had it or know anything about it?

thank you xx

Kerry xx

Cant help you here im afraid hun but i hope you find out :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there,

I went to my sisters house and never knew that my nephew had recently gone down with this.. i have no knowledge either but from my scans everything seems ok with my LO!! You got me worried now.. . think I am going to check this one out too.

If need be speak to NHS Direct? Im going to if i cant google the info.

Just found this hun
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health ... id=4262255

Take care
Kathy x

Thank you, i am going to try to google it too, Im at work at the moment but as soon as I get chance, its hard enough popping on here 8)

Not really sure hun, sorry :hug:
maybe ring your M/W and ask her, I'm sure she'd know about these things

Read this it explains all. FWIW NHS Direct website is great when looking up medical info on conditions etc. Always make it your first port of call when wanting info I reckon :)

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/ar ... ectionId=6

FWIW you are 24 weeks now so it would appear not in the danger zone of first 20 weeks. Plus you may already be immune anyways.

i would call the doctor and ask him to do a blood test. mine did this when i was exposed to it at 14 weeks. luckily i'm immune. The doctor said that it could make baby a little anemic (sp!) if you caught it but the majority of people are already immune luckily

Thank you everyone, I feel so much better after reading about it on the NHS website. I am seeing my consultant on Monday so I will speak to her as well.

thanks again xxx

Kerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back