Gestational Diabeties???? from tri 2...help please...

tigger

Reaction score
Hello all in tri 3, am looking for some advice as noone in tri 2 seems to be able to help...i am looking for some advice please... :pray:

Over the past week or so i have in the back of my mind been noticing some symptoms which are now worrying me...I am still soooooooooooo tired and it is getting worse not better, and i am constantly thirsty like havent had a drink for days thirsty...i drink pints and pints and pints and it doesnt quench my thirst...

When i was in the last 2 months of my last PG i had to do a glucose tolerance test at the hospital and i was border line but they left it untreated and all was fine, i am now really really scared that at this early stage i am going to be diagnosed with Gestational Diab's!!!

Does anyone have or have had it, and can give me some advice?? I have booked a midwife appt for tom eve and am going to take sample in to get it checked but am sooooo scared.

Thanks for your time in reading this, tigger xx

I had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy and it was picked up in my urine sample so they sent me for a fasting glucose tolerance test at about 15wks which showed I did have it.
I was referred to the diabetes team and initially went on a no sugar diet but that didn't bring my blood sugars down so was put on tablets and then eventually insulin jabs.

I was kept a very close eye on and monitored every 2 weeks at hosp visits but weekly by diabetes team as we struggled to control it. Usually you get extra growth scans (I had them at 28/32/34/36wks) just to check the baby is not getting too big as that sometimes happens with GD. I was also told that I would be induced between 38/39wks but every hospital has their own policies on that.

In most cases within hours of giving birth the diabetes has gone!

Your midwife will explain all this info to you and in the meantime just try to cut down on your sugar intake (inc fresh fruit juices as that contains lots of natural sugar).

Hope that helps :hug: feel free to pm if you need to chat x
Sarah xxx

just what chocoholic has said but if you need any advice or any one to talk to feel free to pm me as i had it with my first baby and ive got it again hope it comes back clear hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi all, thankyou soooo much for all your help :hug:

Went to the midwife and she tested my wee and it was all clear :cheer: she checked my blood pressure which was also fine and so she said she would keep an eye on it but all was good. I am so pleased that all was ok and she said my thirst was just prob the way my body was dealing with my PG!!! so does that mean i am craving water :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mind you the trip to see MW was good in another way, I got to hear the babys heart beat for the first time :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks again for all your help and support and i wish you all a healthy tri 3, and i hope to see you in here officially soon :)

Tigger xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back