Germ rant!

EssJayPea

Reaction score
I work with the public and a lot of them know I'm pregnant (and generally a moaning Minnie, of late).

So why do some of them STILL insist on coming in loaded with coughs, colds, chest infections etc.? They then have the cheek to say they're off work as they're so ill. Now I'm up through the night with a really bad cough and cold and nothing decent I can take for it nor do we get sick pay so can't have a day off to get over it.

F**kers.

Thanks for reading (I'll be happy again when this lifts, promise!). :oooo:

Xxx

That's not very considerate of them. Perhaps you should say something to them, might make them think next time.

A friend of mine had her little girls birthday party at the weekend and one of the mums bought her kids along that had chicken pox!!! What's that all about??!!!!

Some people just don't think.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Last edited:
Clearly some people do not have the decency to worry about the impact they have on other people....

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

This has always pissed me off as well (and I work in an office so luckily don't see too much of the public LOL)

Some people I work with are such martyrs, they'll come in and bring their illness with them!

I was very early on witht his pregnancy when someone went down with the flu (she was in the US when she caught it) but I would have gone nuts if she'd come in to to the office!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oooo it's so annoying! I went to our local children's centre with my then very young 4lb baby. There was a woman there literally dying of flu! Coughing, sneezing head cold type. She actually came over to coo over my babe! I told her to get lost! Silly cow!

Flip me!! What stupid idiots!!

Hope u feel better soon hun!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hope you feel better soon hun :)

Unfortunately when other people are ill they don;t consider other people at work and some employers also put pressure on people when their ill to come in, I know hubby's place of employment does.

In respects to chicken pox there is a cut off time of when it's not contagious anymore so they could have been past that point and just had the spots lingering :)

xxx

I understand its when the last spot crusts over. But there were other expectant mums there and if they were my kids I wouldnt have risked it even if I thought that they might be out of the contagious stage, in my mind its just not worth it xx

Last edited:
oh bump buddy sorry your feeling poorly. Can understand where you are coming from as I work with the public as well and we have to watch we dont catch anything too

And you are not a moaning Minnie xxx

Sorry your feeling poorly!

I do get annoyed when people come to work full of the lurgy, but I suppose they need to earn money like everyone else. Im sure if given the choice most would stay home, but not always possible x

Thanks everyone. Glad you all agree. Just had a hot honey and lemon now bed. Back tomorrow for another 10 hours. Boo hoo :-( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back