General nonsense...

ToffeePop

Reaction score
:wave: Hello fellow WTTers :wave: Just thought I'd start a genearl thread to see if there are any others in the same boat as me. Basically, anyone really excited about WTT and terrified about TTC/getting pregnant?

My main concerns are labour/birth (honestly, I'm a total and utter wuss when it comes to pain) and turning into an even fatter cow than I am (PCOS weight issues...gotta love it). Suppose it doesn't help that a friend of mine is about to pop and looks like a film star. :wall2::lol::lol:

Anyone else got any thoughts on it? Or am I lone headcase with stupid thoughts?

hello and weclome :wave:

we're waiting to try for number 2 and i have pcos, not much fun huh! i found pregnancy wonderful with it if i'm honest, but i was terrifed with regards to labour pains, but i can honestly say after a terrible labour it was the most amazing thing i ever done!

i loved being pregnant as i just felt it was such a special bond with my daughter :cloud9: and also i learn't not too worry about what i looked like as i was just content with my baby and my hubby :D

hth's :D xx

:wave: PCOS really isn't a major issue to me (sounds crazy I suppose) but it's the pain I have that is driving me insane - and no one taking me seriously about it. Really worrying, tbh, as I have a coil at the moment and I only get pain in one side, the side with the cysts which were "nothing to be bothered about" according to my last doctor - on the phone :wall2::wall2: Hence the "what the hell will happen?" if a cyst burst or something stupid like that if I am lucky enough to get pregnant...

My mind is working overtime when I do stop to think about it, and I feel a total pratt for being so hyper about it all at the moment...I just really want everything "in order as much as possible" before even attempting thinking TTC.

Perhaps I should just shut TF up :D :lol:

don't be silly hon, i think we all have worries and reservations when it comes to wtt, ttc and pregnancy, and worrying about the pain is very natural, honestly i was pertified! but you can of course have pain relief which is wonderful, i'd highly recommend gas and air :lol:

i think it's great getting loads of information about it, it's probably the most important and life changing decision we undertake, so i think 'we need to be prepared' :D

Totally agree - and I'm sure if we're lucky enough for it to happen , as under NO illusions that it's going to be plain sailing anyway, then it won't be a problem at all. Just the whole "AGH!" thoughts running around my head...

I am lucky, though, to have a brilliant friend who is currently pregnant with her second and she's very much like me in attitude towards everything and will be a great help, I know, if /when it happens.

I am under no misconception that having a child is tough work. Looking after babies/kids is something I'm pretty good at already, had lots of experience with crying, illness, nappies, sleepless nights...and that's just looking after other people's! :)

Suppose I should really just make the appointment with the doctor, get myself sorted - go private if necessary - and plan when to get the coil removed. I was in total and utter agony getting the damn thing put in and getting it out worries me . Even the doctor at the time said "interesting - this is taking a while. You're going to have REAL problems if you ever want to get pregnant , you know...that's a hell of a birth canal" which made me :shock: as no one had said anything like that before...

Talk about a way to scare a woman! :lol: Husband has just said to me , as he caught me posting on here "I'll move into another house if we get pregnant; no caffeine, sweeteners or cheese will make you a nightmare to live with". Charming! :lol::lol::lol: ( He'd better be joking or I'll change my mind completely...)

Cheers, chick. I do appreciate the chat!

:lol: at your hubby! mine just took to remembering that i was always right! and after that he dealt very well with pregnancy hormones :lol:

thats a terrible thing for your dr to say :shock: i think it's about how baby is laying as well which makes a difference in labour, my daughter's back was on mine, which did make labour harder.

i remember worrying soooooo much about everything, but it just kinda all comes together honey, and the excitement of your baby just takes over :cloud9:

Mine's a sweetie ... and I find him funny (as he knows I'd cut his nads off if he wasn't joking ;)

I sometimes think my hubbie knows exactly what he's saying and just likes to live dangerously :rotfl: I didn't mean to cause affence by that comment! I've just read it back and it didn't sound too friendly sorry

No worries, didn't see it as offensive (just reiterating that as much as he's "amusing" I have a knife with his name on it...hand me the microgynon and I have the PERFECT excuse :D ) :D

My perfect excuse was cerazette he just had to breath wrong and his number would have been up

Ladies, I'm a total A..e :wall2:

After "promising not to say anything" to anyone, I THINK I managed to blurt out to a few friends at our house-warming party at the weekend, that we're WTT. :wall2: I'm a total and utter liability!!!!

We were talking "babies" and "children" and stuff, and of course someone had to say "now you've got all this done, you've got space for a baby ;)" and I said "well, don't say anything, but that's the plan"

Damn you, bubbly fizzy alcoholic stuff! Damn you! I can't keep my mouth shut, so I can't.

Also told the hubby that I've told my friend, who said they are WTT for the New Year, too, and he's not bothered ... phew!

I know, it's just rubbish of me :lol: I can keep other people's secrets but see when they're my own? I get all "oh you'll never guess..." and everyone knows me well enough that if I'm happy about something, the world must know! :lol:

Acht well, I'm sure my mate that I told won't say anything but as she has a little one who's 5 (and adorrrrable, so well behaved!) she knows I'll be asking her for advice if it ever happens! :eek:)

Me and my gob...

Well :rofl: it's not just me! Haaaa Last night, one of hubby's friends called ( a female, she's ace) and they were having a good old catch-up chat. She asked the "so, any plans for kiddies?" question- he looked at me and then immediately said "well, we're going to have a shot at it in the New Year" :rofl:

The revised list of "people we're not telling until we know if we're lucky enough to catch" are his parents, his brother, and any other of our relations. Won't be hard -mine are all in different countries, and we never tell his parents anything anyway! :rofl:

So much for keeping things quiet...ho hum. hahaha Brilliant -feel better now.

hi in answer to cysts they are nothing to worry about. 70% of women have them but they go away by themselves its like trapped fluid. i was in agony when mine burst due to urine infection but it went away and i was fine!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back