(off topic sorry) IUD Removed tomorrow - What can i expect?

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

I'm getting my IUD removed tommorrow and i just wondered if anyone could help me with my concerns about what ot expect. Does it hurt, will i bleed, if yes how heavy and for how long? Will i see any changes in my cycle etc?

Any help would be really appreciated i'm a bit anxious about it! :doh:

Thanks

Bexxy :D

hi Bexxy

I had a minera coil removed last year. It was quite uncomfortable but very quick, no where near as painful as the fitting.

I had a light bleed for a couple of days and it took a couple of months for my periods to get regular again!

Unlike the pill i was told that your fertility comes back almost immediately!

i had a iud for a number of years, you may experience a touch of cramping and maybe a spot or two of blood but really is a piece of cake having it removed easier than having it put in, my periods after having it removed got much lighter but continued as normal, hope this helps :D

Great that all sounds like good news. Having it put in was quite painful and i bled for just over a week and then i've had painful ovulation and long cycles and heavy periods ever since but if its removal is less problemtic then hopefully it will go smoother. How long after having your IUd removed did you all start TTC. I know fertility comes back straight away but i've been advised to leave it a couple of cycles for the cervix opening to fully heal and recover from having a foreign body there.

Did any of you wait a while before starting to TTC??

I'm so excited to get started!!!

Becky x

I've no idea what it is but i hope it goes ok :hug:

:hug: :hug: Thanks Jenna Your a gem! :hug: :hug:

I had the coil (IUD) fitted a couple of years ago and i'm having it taken out i cannot believe how excited i am about starting to TTC. If i'm this excited about that i'm going to be a mad lady if i ever get a BFP :roll:

YOU MUST BE SOOOO Excited :cheer: :cheer:

Whats your plans next, are you going to test anymore?

Bexxy

oow, didnt know they did the coil anymore. I saw one when i was 12 at school and it looked like some sort of death trap! lol! ( :rotfl: )

Me? im going to be testin till i give birth! It's just unbelieveable!

Hope it goes alright tomorow :hug: I'll be thinking about you.

Hi there

I had one removed about 2 years ago... and it was so quick it was unbelieveable.... nothing to worry about hun.

I had spotting for a day and really mild cramps then all was fine.

All will go well..... x

Thanks Donna

I go in a few hours so it was a relief to pick up your message hope its really quick and painless !!!! Pleased i'm getting it out well in advance of the wedding now to get all of the symptoms out of the way!!!

Thanks

Bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back