General conceiving advise needed!!! (and newbie here!)

Missylou

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Just joined the forum, looks fab and it has already been quite helpful looking through threads!
My story is basically:
Me and other half decided to start trying 4 months a go, I came off the pill then and didnt have a period for ages, so we didnt bother realy trying. Well today woke up and actually have a period! So a few questions really. Where do I go from here? Do we start trying this month? My period was a 28 day cycle before went on pill but obviuosly now its a bit messed up should I wait til my next one so I have an idea of cycle?
Many thanks!
:D

Hiya sweetie, im not a die hard TTCer, but my limited knowlede would say that it can take more then a few mnoths to get the pill out of your system, it can take up to a year but im sure for you it wont take long!

Just chart for a few cycles, do your temps, get some ovulation sticks and pee and you should get a good idea when you ovulate!

Your in the bet place to speak about this

Hello
I've not been ttc for very long either.
I came off the pill a year ago, but my periods are still not regular.
I was at the docs anyway yesterday and decided to ask her about this and how it may affect ttc. She said NOT to chart temps or do ovulation tests, just to make sure there is plenty sperm going in (every 2-3 days) and not to worry about it. If nothng has happened after a year then they can start to investigate why.
So, my advice is not to worry about it or get too obsessed (which is not easy) and try and have a relaxed approach and just let nature take it's course. After a while if you really wanted to know when you ovulate you could start charting, but i would hold off from doing that for now.
Hope that helps - that's just my opinion!
Good Luck!
xx :)

If you and your DH have high sex drives and BD 2/3 times a week normally, I'd say what others have said and just relax and go with the flow.

However, if you don't BD as frequently as that, I would recommend using ov sticks just so that you know when you ovulate in your cycle.

They do say that TTC straight away after coming off the pill can help you conceive quicker. It's a myth to wait for it to come out of your system. Infact, in the Zita West book I've got she mentions that they will often put women with fertility problems back on the pill to get the rebound affect.

So I would defo start TTC now if I were you.

Good luck.

Hi :wave:

Welcome to the forum! I've also been ttc for 4 months after coming off the pill. I'm averaging a 33-34 day cycle which isn't too bad. I have got a fertility monitor but this is more for peace of mind more than anything. I'd 2nd what most people have said and say go with the flow, its early days and you may be one of the lucky ones and get your BFP this month!

Best of Luck

xx

Not that I know about this stuff, but you can TTC anytime so I would start now! Only thing is it may be hard to work out if your preg or not as you don't have a sort of pattern and you'll have to test more often but sure, thats not a big problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back