What are my chances of conceiving, in your opinion?

macydarling

Reaction score
last monthly period: 4/12
my cycle is 28 days.

had sex on 4/21 2 times with him finishing inside.

i am not sure if i was ovulating or not. i have heard you ovulate 2 weeks after your period and this was only 9 days after my period.

is there a chance i could still get pregnant? we are sort of at a point where we aren't actively trying but aren't trying to prevent it.

I suggest u do some rading on the reproductive system to familiarise yourself with the body. Its an old wives tale that u ov two weeks after period. It can be anything from about 10 days to upwards of 30,40,50 incases of pcos etc.

At cycle day 9 I would say it is unlikely u will concieve. Sperm can in the most ultimate optimum conditions live for 4 days or so in your reproductive tract but I doubt that at day 9 you would have had sufficient cervical mucus for this.

If u are wanting to have a baby, make sure u sex throughout the cycle but especially on days where your mucus is stretchy and clear. Good luck.

Same as what itisbabytime said. I thought i knew quite a lot about TTC but infact i was totally wrong. Maybe try buying Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weshler (or summin) but its great. You get to know about the old wives tales and how you can relate to your body a LOT more than you did. It is great understanding quite a bit about it.

But you ovulate around 2 weeks BEFORE your period but it can very how long after your period you ovulate. :/

Try researching Sperm Meets Egg Plan and have a read of that if your not too sure when your ovulating also some cheapish OPK's of Amazon to test for ovulating.

Good Luck!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back