Gender at 14 week scan?

*Star*

Reaction score
Is it possible to find out the gender at a scan at 14 weeks?
My dating scan is early April and I'll be 14+4 weeks pregnant.
Is there a chance they could find out the gender then?

(cross posting in 1st tri too)

yay for first post in 2nd tri! :wave:

:wave: Welcome to 2nd tri! I'm not 100% but I don't think so. I think the earliest in 15-16 weeks. I remember my ticker last week said something about developing a hamburger or a hotdog, that would have been 15 weeks xxx

On NHS no chance. Private gender scans are from 16 weeks. Dating scan is normally the 12 week one isnt it? NHS will deffo not tell you then and you have to wait until the anomoly scan around 20 weeks

i was told at 17 weeks by NHS and even then i was told not to expect that to be reight and to be an approx guess, it was my boss who scanned me so maybe that was why. he wouldnt agree to tell us the sex until i was 20 weeks, even then it isnt definate always

I wouldn't have thought even a private scan would tell you at 14 weeks. 16 is pretty much the earliest they will say.

i had my dating scan and found out i was 15 weeks and 5 days, but i forgot to ask if she could see the sex! because i was soo excited!

My friend found out at 14 and half week at our local nhs hospital although they did say that she would then have to make sure at the 20week scan so don't go taking their word for it.

I went to the same hospital at around 15 and half week and wasn't told anything. But i was told that it was because i didn't ask. Just ask theycan only say wait......

I was 14+1 at my scan and I asked. The sonographer told me no, its too early, you have to wait until your 20week scan.

ALTHOUGH some sonograpahers may give you a guess based on the "Nub theory" But again, that isnt very accurate so its best to wait util 20weeks, no matter how hard it is.
http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

My friend was told at 14weeks she was having a boy. At 20 weeks told it was a Girl. She had a Girl.

I went for a gender scan at 16 + 5 and she couldnt really tell what I was having, so I had to go back a week later and she could tell straight away he was a boy. I asked at my NHS one at 21 weeks just to be sure and they said he was a boy as well. So I think 14 weeks is too early... But... It wont hurt to ask!

I had a scan at 14w 2d and I thought I saw something there, but the sonographer said that it was too tell as at that stage the clitoris and penis look very similar. Not sure how true that is, but that's what she told me. I found out at 21 weeks that there I'm expecting a boy, so I guess I did see something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back