Fussing over bottle need bottle recommendation

poochielove

Reaction score
I have been feeding Teddy formula at night and OH has been feeding expressed milk now and again. He had no problems taking it but recently has become fussy over it. He will take 2oz and then i take the bottle away and wind him try and give it him once hes burped and he wont take it. He lets his mouth fill up with milk till he dribbles out and starts coughing so i take it away and then he refuses it. Also when he is feeding he stops sucking for a bit like he does on the breast, which i know when hes on the breast is to allow the milk to flow down (not sure if bottle fed babies do this too?). Anyway my question is does he need slower teats so he can pause, It looks like its coming out too fast for him IYKWIM.

He takes his dummy fine still, infact hes always using it to get sleep lol, so i dont think its the shape/teat thats the problem, more the flow of the milk. Also the bottles i am using are some really cheap standard ones from our local chemist as i wanted to see how he went with them before spending more. Please could someone recommend me some that are closest to the breast flow that i can get from mothercare as i am going tomorrow. Thanks! :hug:

We tried tommee tippee closer to nature, but even the level one teats were too fast for Isla and she, was the same, milk dribbling everywhere and coughing.
We changed to Dr Browns..they are anti-colic and a bit pricey, but I suppose we are excluisvely FF so get our moneys worth, dunno if its worth you getting them as you are not using them as much :think:
She on the level one teat (0-3 mths), and the milk sort of drips out rather than flow, and she much prefers them.

You could get other makes, and get the variable flow teats, so Teddy can adjust the flow to his suck.. TT and Advent do them I think.

ninjawomble said:
We tried tommee tippee closer to nature, but even the level one teats were too fast for Isla and she, was the same, milk dribbling everywhere and coughing.
We changed to Dr Browns..they are anti-colic and a bit pricey, but I suppose we are excluisvely FF so get our moneys worth, dunno if its worth you getting them as you are not using them as much :think:
She on the level one teat (0-3 mths), and the milk sort of drips out rather than flow, and she much prefers them.

You could get other makes, and get the variable flow teats, so Teddy can adjust the flow to his suck.. TT and Advent do them I think.

How pricey? :think:

Kai is breastfed as well, and OH does some expressed milk feeds occasionally.
He wouldn't take the cheap bottles we tried at first. He would suck and suck but not actually get any milk or just dribble it everywhere :?

We got the Tommee Tippee closer to nature and find that he's absolutely fine with them. Apparently the teat is more like a nipple or something! I would really recommend these.

Good luck finding a bottle that suits Teddy :hug:

.Christina. said:
Kai is breastfed as well, and OH does some expressed milk feeds occasionally.
He wouldn't take the cheap bottles we tried at first. He would suck and suck but not actually get any milk or just dribble it everywhere :?

We got the Tommee Tippee closer to nature and find that he's absolutely fine with them. Apparently the teat is more like a nipple or something! I would really recommend these.

Good luck finding a bottle that suits Teddy :hug:

Yes i think i will go for those because one of my friends recommended those too. I bought the cheap ones as he doesnt have them very often, but i guess its true you get what you pay for! :hug:

We use NUK bottles and teats. Have the nipple shaped teats and have been great. I only used to express occasional feeds and we got the large 7-8 ox bottles.

Superdrug and Boots sell them iirc

we use tommee tippee closer to nature and they are brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back