Not taking a bottle

HELENUK

Reaction score
I've tried expressing milk and little one just wont take a bottle from anyone,its like he cant suck on the teat properly and gags, any one else had this problem?
I love breast feeding but would also like a little break, not for anything major but things like the hair dressers.
Any one got any ideas?

Hiya
What teats are you using?

I found Tommee tippe ones (with bobbles on, like a nipple) and the MAM ones (smooth like skin and flat) were really good for helping Brody get used to bottle.

Other than that it was just practice!

Hi Helen

Another tip I learnt on here from Hels and Kim was that Olivia only started taking a bottle if she was laid flat on the floor under her play gym! I only tried this when she was 6 months old and desperate to be able to be out for longer than inbetween feeds! Can't believe it worked but recently she has started to refuse a bottle (she only has one a day just before her bed) and now she will only take it sat bolt upright!

HTH

Lucy

madi has got the tommee tippee ones and she takes to them really well with breastfeeding

I use the tommee tipee ones too, I find them great. Also I use the slowest flow teat as I can as I found seren took that a lot better, only just moved up to the next today. With a bottle the baby has to work less to get the milk out and this can upset some babies as the milk is rushing out.

Thanks girls will def try the feeding in a different position he loves his gym so will try that.
The teats I have are tommie tippie ones but maybe I should buy some others?
Didn't think it would be so difficult, oh well i'll keep at it, thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back