furious

was it Unison he was using? if not maybe he should give them a try...Regardless of the legal rights you reiceive when you have been there for a year this is still illigal and i would keep fighting and go to the paper and name and shame them.

When you get any disiplinary even if its just a verbal warning there must be a witness present, and papers must be signed by the witness, the manager dealing with the case and the person who the disaplinary is against and papers be given to both parties to be put on file. Verbal warnings only stay on your record for 3 months anyway.

And if i remember correctly you cannot be dismissed from a job before you have had a verbal and written warning. Unless you do something really bad and even in that case the person needs to be suspended NOT dismissed for their case to be reveiwed the find out wether they should be dismissed or not.

I know its hard for you hun but for principle i wouldnt let this drop. They are acting illigally and i dont know what the hell your fella's union is playing at because they should know this.

Hope this helps

cas x

Just wanted to say really sorry and hope you get things sorted out...this is the last thing you need....as if you haven't got enough on your plate already....big hugs to you :angel:

I am so sorry rach.......I hope this is a case of, "when one door closes another one opens"

I wish you all the best babe, I don't know what to say, you have been dealt some crap this year..........I hope it gets better for you both very soon (((((HUGS))))) xx

Here's a link for you rach:
UK Employment Law

Minor Acts of Misconduct

Misconduct offences broadly fall within two categories – those that justify instant dismissal without notice or payment in lieu (often referred to as gross misconduct) and less serious offences which may ultimately lead to dismissal with notice if repeated more than once.

Examples of the latter category include bad time-keeping, unreasonable or unexplained absence, persistent or irregular absenteeism, minor damage to an employer’s property, smoking in no-smoking areas, use of obscene or offensive language, etc. It is highly advisable for employer’s to set out a non-exclusive list of examples in their disciplinary procedure.

Procedure

The following procedure should apply in cases of minor acts of misconduct:

1. Oral Warning
2. First Written Warning
3. Final Written Warning
4. Dismissal

In relation to the above, the employer should reserve the right in the disciplinary procedure to instigate the procedure at any stage if appropriate and/or, if necessary, to omit any particular stage depending on the severity of the misconduct. This would, for example, permit an employer to issue a final written warning for a first offence if the offence is serious but falls just short of gross misconduct.

thanks everyone xxxx
thankyou urchin hun they had no right to fire him but they are all ganging up on him there now and making it up as they go along even the union have said hes not got a leg to stand on :evil: am so mad about it but we just cant fight any more its too draining we are going through so much at the moment without all this we are only just keeping our heads above water mentally :( so o/h is just getting out there now looking for another job he says he doesnt want to work for a company who sack ppl for having 2 weeks off when their child dies he says he couldnt be civil to them now if they did give him his job back so hes off out today to try and find another job xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Rach hun, you sound so down. :(

I can totally understand what you are saying about running out of fight though. You need to do the best thing for you and OH, and we can easily all sit her and shout 'FIGHT', but at the end of the day, do what you need to do. If this means dropping it and going out and getting another job, then go for it. I wish your OH all the luck in the world with getting a new job.
xxx

rach - wishing your OH all the luck in the world. As others have said when one door closes another opens. Something much better will be just around the corner! i'm so sure..

I'm a true believer of "what goes around comes around" and those people he worked for will face that one day!

You've both been through so much this year... your strong people.. these B****** don't have half the back bone you and your OH have... they hide behind lies.. and they know it! sad sh*ts...

Good luck

x

Its beyond contempt Rach. Unjust as it is he should get the hell away from these people, you can only take so much as a family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back