Fundal height

Marmite

Reaction score
I was curious to know other peoples fundal height (how high up your uterus is, has it on your notes), mine has always been bigger than usual without fail and yesterday it measured at 39cm.... which is apparently slightly big for even 40 weeks and im only 36. (Although I know it's not all that accurate anyway)

So yeah, what about you guys?

I swear its all voodoo..

My mw appointment on Friday said my fundal height was 33 weeks... she said if I hadn't been having regular scans that show the baby is actually big for her gestation, she would be worried... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've always measured 2cm bigger so at my last appt at 29 weeks I was 31cm. I'm not convinced it's right though as she does it and asks "is that the top of your bone" so I say yes but honestly I don't really know exactly which part I'm meant to be measured from.

It's not an exact science anyway, I know that much :D

fundalheight.jpg

According to that it drops at the end again anyway LOL

its aload of twadle to me as i got measured on friday and i was 39cm and im only 34 weeks! stupid thing.

i was told it depends on who measures you.. i'm under a team of midwives and i had one who thought she was small to be told by a scan she was fine and then 2 weeks later she was measuring big..... now she's fine again... all i know is she is in there, she's fine and i still have to push her out!!!!!

rachie29 said:
i was told it depends on who measures you.. i'm under a team of midwives and i had one who thought she was small to be told by a scan she was fine and then 2 weeks later she was measuring big..... now she's fine again... all i know is she is in there, she's fine and i still have to push her out!!!!!
weird, mine have all been consistently big for my dates, but at the scan I was told I have a fat baby :lol:

My last appointment I was measuring a week behind, but i definately don't look -or feel- it.

Fundal height gives midwives something to worry about I think- I was measured on Friday and measured 26cm which is on the growth chart but is slightly below the 'perfect' size. It was my first plotted measurement and the midwife I saw was already talking about growth scans!

A firend at work consistently measured much bigger than her due date suggested and was told that her baby would be 10lb+ he turned out to be a 6lb baby so smaller than average!

with all my other pregnancies i measured right for the amount of weeks i was all the way thru.

This one i was measuring normal up to wk 28 then on wk 31 i measured 30, wk 34 i measured 32, wk 36 still measured 32, i had a scan just to check position as they thought she was breech and consultant was 'thinkin' about me having a growth scan but decided against it as she said it felt an average size and was still on the average size on the chart, i got midwife again this thursday and if its still at 32 wks i'm wondering what'll hapen as it will be below average (off the grey bit) on the chart in my notes.

I think a lot of it as well is the way its laid as its more across my tummy than upright.

I've only measured big at one appointment, 28 weeks I measured 30, then the next appointment I was back to normal :? At my last appointment the MW wrote in my notes FH = 34, I was 34 weeks but the funny thing is that a tape measure didn't even go anywhere near my bump :shock:

I measured exactly right each time, from 20cm at 20 weeks to 35cm at 35 weeks, then was still 35cm at my 37 week check which is when I found out his head had engaged so my bump had dropped.

mine measured 26 weeks today, i dont know how it can get much higher cos theres only about 1/2 an inch spare betwen the top and my ribcage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back