Fully engaged and ready to come

Jenny123

Reaction score
I'm soooo excited :D :D :D

Just got back from my 38 week MW appointment, baby was not engaged at all 2 weeks ago and when she felt today her exact words were 'bloody hell, its fully engaged!'

Apparently it has turned from back to back (position at 36 weeks was ROP) to the perfect position ROA.

Just as she was measuring the heart rate my tummy tensed up and she said... 'you're having a contraction' It did hurt a bit, kind of like a bad period pain. I thought they were braxton hicks but when she felt it she said that it was the real thing and asked how often they were coming, they have been coming on and off for about 2 days but I honestly thought it was just the baby moving around awkwardly :oops: :oops:

My MW is brilliant and she's on duty tonight and tomorrow so I'm praying that it happens soon :pray: I would love her to be the one that delivers.

I've been instructed to go for a walk to speed things up and not to venture too far away from the hospital :cheer:

Please send as much labour dust as possible.... I can't wait :cheer: :cheer:

Oooh good luck hun I hope it happens fast for you!!! :cheer: :cheer:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: that's brilliant. Hope it happens fast for you. Good luck :hug:

:cheer: What a fab midwife! Hope things start to progress soon for you, sounds like little one is eager to meet you!

Sarah x

awww, thanks guys :hug:

I need to go into town to the bank but now I'm paranoid about my waters going while I'm in the queue at Barclays :oops:
Also need a trip to Tesco...
So much I need to do :( :shock:

OH MY GOD that is fantastic news! Iam so jealous.

I had my 34 weeks appointment and te midwife said 2/5 engaged... then 2 weeks later they said that she had moved and I was not engaged....

There is hope for me yet!!

I would love nothing more now b to hear that I am fully engaged and to prepare for labour really soon.

But as much as I am looing forward to it I will probably be in labour regretting the wanting for it!!!

Can you take someone with you?
I dont suppose anyone would notice if you wore a wet suit with elastic bands round the ankles, they would just think you were an escaped telly tubby :D

Now thats the kind of midwife appointment that you want! Good luck hun :cheer:

Buckets of labour dust coming your way!
Loads of luck
xx

Its happening, but so slowly :(

A little bit more painful now but no where near yet... I think LO is warm and cosy and not to keen on coming out just yet... Going for a walk to try and get things moving a bit quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back