FSH blood tests

spjules

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick question, my doc called me last week to say that my blood test needed to be repeated as my FSH level was 10.1 . Does anyone know how to get your FSH level down as I'm due to have my retest done in two weeks, thanks.

I am going to assume that the doctor talked you through what high fsh indicates, which is the early onset of menopause so that I'm not upsetting you by telling you something that you wasn't aware of :hug:

As for the FSH, there is nothing to be gained from lowering it... It is an indication of a problem, not the cause of a problem so lowering it won't change anything.

FSH is released to cause the ovaries to grow and healthy follicles only need a tiny bit.

However, when the follicles and eggs start to have poorer quality, they need more FSH to get them to grow hense why your level goes up.

Lowering your FSH would only make it even less likely you would ovulate.

In short, there is nothing you can do to improve egg quality.

Thad said, 10 isn't beyond hope and you will still be ovulating. It just an indication that you are on the downward spiral and it's hard to say how long you have.

You'll just have to have regular FSH tests to show it's nit a total waste of time ttc'in until the level will shoot up like crazy and then you are done :(

Not done yet though :)

Your reply was really informative, but I understand from looking on the Internet, if you need fertility treatment you have to be 10 or under. As I am 40 this maybe an avenue that I may have to take if I don't conceive natually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back