Frustrated :(

dannii87

Reaction score
I have been in agony for the past 3 days (thinking it would go away as I'm pretty sure I know what it is). I've had a huge pain under my left rib which I reckon is a pulled muscle (it feels like it) but it's really peeing me off because I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't sleep again. Every time I move it's really really painful. :( Getting me down!

I'm getting sooo many BH and some have been accompanied by mild period pain/lower back pain - Again, I'm not too worried because it's only the odd one and they're not all like it etc.

Grrr I think the lack of sleep has taken it's toll on me now and this flipping rib ache thing is REALLY frustrating :evil:

Needed a moan :D :angel: xx

:hug: Aww, sorry you're suffering xx The only remedy in times like this is to indulge yourself....have a nice bath and eat lots of lovely stuff, hopefully you'll sleep better tonight and have a little more energy tomorrow :hug:

Hell yeah! Just polished off a pack of biscuits lol :lol: Had a bath but I'm not sure if you saw my psoriasis thread in Adult only? Pics are awful :oops: But anyway, as soon as I have a bath and I smell all nice and clean I have to put on stinky cream which smells of rotten fish and a tinge of vinegar lol I smell like a chippy :( :rotfl:

BUT, on the plus side, I've finished work now so I have all day to catch up on sleep :D x

Aww hun, I am sorry that you are in pain and not able to sleep :hug: :hug:

I say that you should have a relaxing bath and a little pamper, it always makes me feel better :D

Xxx

Aww, sorry you're feeling so crappy. Re the pain in your rib- try stretching out your arms above your head- works best when lying down- I know it might sound like it'll make the pain worse but I find it does actually help- worth a try?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
it can get very frustrating towards the end hun :-(
but you'll see how worth it it is soon :)
hope you have a good sleep and feel better, the pain in your ribs could be babies
foot/arm..i remember that..also your ribs and everything stretch to accomadate so
could be strained muscle from that!

feel better soon :hug: :hug:

It's not unheard of for babies to crack their mummy's ribs!

Unfortunately, if it is a cracked rib there is sod all you can do about it whilst preggers! Paracetamol and maybe a heat/ice pack depending on what you find works!

Motherly medical advice from Lainey - Rest up, try lying on the side the pain is on (if it is a cracked rib then this should ease the pain, sounds daft, but believe me, it works!) and if you have any shortness of breath (other than that you will already have being heavily pregnant! :roll: ) or difficulty breathing then get yourself to A&E.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Oooh crikey Lainey! :shock: I hope she isn't that powerful?! :pray:

I tried to sleep with my arms up last night and it didn't help. It hurts to cough, laugh and strangely enough it's when I stand up that it's at its worst?! :think: You'd think that if it was baby it would release the pressure.. Hmmm..

Anyway, it's still really sore and painful. When I take a deep breath it's agony. I think it must be a pulled muscle or something :think: Grrr just wish it would go away!! :wall: x

Sounds to me like a possible cracked rib luv!

Try lying on that side tonight. It should start to feel a bit better in a few days!

Poor you!

Oh my word! How strange?! Hmmm I'm definitely going to try that, thank you! :hug: x

The pain is travelling round to my back now (upper back)... It's sooooo painful I really don't know what to do :( I've taken paracetamol but it's not working :wall:

It's agony it really is - I'm usually pretty good with pain (got 4 tattoos, tongue pierced, belly button blah blah) but this is horrible!!

x

try soaking in a nice bath hun have you got any radox or something??
its probably really hard that you can't lie on your tummy!

if it does continue getting worse or if you are really worried don't be afraid to call your midwife or
maternity ward- hope your ok :hug: :hug:

Thanks Fran :hug: I've had a bath and it didn't help at all! I know it's not labour or anything (I read my post back & hope I didn't come across like it could be the start of anything lol) but it really is painful :( It's a constant pain too which is the most annoying part of it :wall:

I know I'm going to just have to put up with it and it's stopping me from sleeping too! GRRR :wall:

Awww Dannii. It's horrible not being able to sleep, I toss and turn and pee all night long, but at least
i'm not in pain! I'd see your GP tommorrow and see what he can do for you. It's worse when your
pregnant as you can't take the stronger pain killers, paracetamol don't really work on me.
Think i've taken so many over the years, i'm now immune :oops:

xx

Awww Dannii I know just how you feel :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have had really sore ribs on my right side for weeks now. I was hoping that it would ease when my LO flipped from breech but it hasn't. After reading LainyG's posts, I think that I may have cracked a rib...I have been saying that's what it felt like but didn't really think it was possible. I do find that lying on the right side that is sore does help and stretching arms up to open the ribcage also brings relief. he worst thing is bending over and sitting hunched. I'd love to get a good night sleep now...if it's not my ribs aching it's my hips! One positive point is that at 35wks, I thought it was going to drive me insane and I was in tears at the thought of another 5-7 wks of it but I seem to have begun to find a way of coping better now with the pain...I guess we do get used to it eventually

sucks when there is nothing thatcan be done!!! and the BH's are annoying huh, i get a minimum of like 20 a day and they're not always painless!!! just try and relax, dont sit for too long, maybe some walking then a lay down will relieve you a little.

I get pain under my right boob and it's swollen, hurts like a bugger when I sneeze. It's only a few more weeks to put up with it now.

Sorry to hear your in so much pain :hug:
Might sound daft but maybe try resting a hot water bottle against your ribs, you might have to lie down to do it though. anything is worth a try when you feel so crap. Hope you feel better soon and manage to get some sleep :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back