Frustrated with the healthcare

PyscoFalcon

Reaction score
in my neighbourhood.

Well Saw Midewife this afternoon. Said they'll keep a close eye on my glucose leveles etc
Also mentioned the pain I've got again and last 3 times I had this pain I had suspected MMC.

She said I need an early scan but she can't do them. That I have to make an appointment with the doctor for them to referr me. BUT if pain gets any worse or start bleeding then to go to A&E again.

Then said booking in appointment in 2 weeks (she also thinks I'm 2 days along more than I say but only dating scan can show that)

So got midwife booking in appointment for 11th June.

However the earliest doctors apppointment will be a week after when I'll be 9 weeks :s

So hubbys looking into private early scans as by the time I get to see the doctor and get appointment for scan it'll be time for my 12week scan or lost baby all ready. :wall2:

What a roundabout way of going round it.
At least at my booking appointment I'll get the date for my 12 week scan.

Just so frustrated as what's point in saying early scan if they can't do it in early scan time?
*tries to calm down*

What makes you think you are having a mmc hun?

If there is no real reason then I'd strongly advise that you stop worrying yourself unnecessarily about that.

An early scan is sadly not "available" to all women. They will only see you at the my EPU if you are having serious cramps and or bleeding or have had multiple miscarriages.

I know the early days are so worrying BUT I think the best way forward is to book a private scan and that will put your mind at rest.

I waited until I was 7 weeks so I knew I'd def soo HB!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm thinking it might be as I'm getting the same sharp pain I had when I had my other 3 mmcs. Twice I ended up in that much pain I ended at hopsitla in agony and bleeding loads. After wards on 1 scan after the pain had been controlled the scan showed nothing but lots of blood :(

Last edited:
Hun I might be wrong but if you are going through it again is there any point in paying for a scan when the nhs cant do anything anyway x fx for you

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I'm thinking it might be as I'm getting the same sharp pain I had when I had my other 3 mmcs. Twice I ended up in that much pain I ended at hopsitla in agony and bleeding loads.

I didn't realise you have had previous losses - of course you are bound to be bricking it. I hope it isn't the same thing and yes if it does get worse you must go to A&E!

I am really surprised you've had 3 MMC though as I thought they were incredibly rare?? Also they don't usually have any symptoms?

Just out of interest, have you had tests for recurrent miscarriage.

I had 3 miscarriages last year (8w, 5w and 6w) and I still had to really push to get a scan at the EPU with this pregnancy! I actually booked a private scan as I was pretty sure EPU wouldn't see me!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well the pain isn't as intense yet but it's worse today then yesturday. They say it's due to my PCOS and that my metformin will hopefully hold it together this time (the mmcs have been 4 years and 2 years apart) This is my first pregnancy on metformin.

It could also be due to scare tissue from my horse racing accident 13years ago that left me with athritus.
We think it's worth having an early scan so if I have lost it we can do something about it before pain get's unbareable iykwim.

Yes they tried to do internal tests during the last MC but I screamed the hospital down I was in that much pain so they aborted them.
Really really really hoping it's going to be okay this time.

Fx it's all ok and I agree that the refferal system in your area is rediculous! I agree with the others though that if you do book one go for it when you'll be in your 7th week so you're more likely to see a hb. Fx

Well got an appointment to see private GP this Thursday and they'll do a scan from 7 weeks. If I make it to the scan with no bleeding it'll be the longest I've held onto a pregnancy :D

Cheers hun.

in my neighbourhood.

Well Saw Midewife this afternoon. Said they'll keep a close eye on my glucose leveles etc
Also mentioned the pain I've got again and last 3 times I had this pain I had suspected MMC.

She said I need an early scan but she can't do them. That I have to make an appointment with the doctor for them to referr me. BUT if pain gets any worse or start bleeding then to go to A&E again.

Then said booking in appointment in 2 weeks (she also thinks I'm 2 days along more than I say but only dating scan can show that)

So got midwife booking in appointment for 11th June.

However the earliest doctors apppointment will be a week after when I'll be 9 weeks :s

So hubbys looking into private early scans as by the time I get to see the doctor and get appointment for scan it'll be time for my 12week scan or lost baby all ready. :wall2:

What a roundabout way of going round it.
At least at my booking appointment I'll get the date for my 12 week scan.

Just so frustrated as what's point in saying early scan if they can't do it in early scan time?
*tries to calm down*

I would ask for an emergency appointment with your doctor. Making an appointment at my doctors is a nightmare with a wait of 2 weeks usually but they do emergency appointments on the day and im sure most doctors surgery's do them too. Just call up and see what they can do, hopefully they can get you an early scan. If your concerned don't back down either. I wish you all the best and i hope all turns out well.

Stephaniespora is right. All GP surgeries are obliged to keep "emergency" appointments, for people who cannot wait. Obviously you don't go to your GP with a real emergency, so this really means things like infections and severe pain. Your situation would warrant an on the day appointment.

I hope you get your scan and all is OK.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. The surgury does a urgancy appointment system but you ring up and they leave your problem with the doc who will then ring back in 2 hours if they think it's worth seeing oyu. Most of the time they say if that bad go to A&E which is what I ended up doing in March.

That's an awful system! Do you still have the pain today? I would go to A&e or a walk in centre and say your HP wouldn't see you.

I hope everything is ok, I have my fx'd for you. Keep us informed! x

Cheers hun.
Yeah still got pain but it's not got any worse so here's hoping it's just my confused body.

UPDATE
Doc sent me to A&E on thursday as pain made me cry. Hopstial kept me in on drip and IV paracetomol and had a few anti sickness injections into my butt (thye hurt like hell too) Took them 7 attempts to get the IV line in cos my veins said no.

They tried to put me on morphine at first but all I was bothered about was babies saftey. Anyway Friday morning the pain eased until I started moving so I had scan.
Appendix okay, baby okay and everyone say heart beating :D Only saw 1 oviry which was fine and so was my bladder. They think the pain is more IBS and scare tissue related. Told me needs more investigating when baby is born but if pain get's worse or I start bleeding to go back in (oh and this is where I found out Harlow has a EPU unit! Surely midwife should of told me about the EPU!)

Think all the mess ups are due to me living in East Herts and doctors at East Herts but hospital is in Essex. (live right on border) bleh. Anyway I've been told stright rest and no lifting stuff like bird cages and full washing baskets.

They hmmed and arrghed and scan and asked me about 3 times how far along I was and I kept saying 6 weeks but looks more like 7 on scan? What you reckon? :D

Really happy baby is okay. Wish pain would stop tho.

Attachments

• 6weeks.jpg
    6weeks.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 8
Wow what a few days you've had! here's my 7 week scan if it looked anything like this on the screen? Hope you're starting to feel better now x

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7
It does look similar - just your baby is at bottom right of the sac and mines at top left :D

Brilliant news that bubs is ok, sorry your still in pain though hon.x

Aww congrats you. I'm glad you saw your little one and a heartbeat is brill news! Xxx

Sorry you've been going thru it recently hun & causing u all this stress & worry. How nice u got to see ure bubs HB though & everything is fine.

Take it easy

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back