Frustrated and sad

ClareA

Reaction score
Hi - I have been TTC for just over 2 years and while all my friends and relations around me are falling pregnant within months of trying, I just have to smile and congratulate them even though I know I am crying inside.

After numerous tests I am classed as 'unexplained infertility' and am at present on my 2nd cycle of IUI. I had a 3rd scan today to be told that my lining thickness has actually decreased from what it was 3 days ago. That was only measured at 5.6mm but at least it was heading in the right direction and now it measures 3.4mm! You can understand my disappointment and frustration especially as I have 2 healthy sized follicules ready to go. My husband is very kindly giving my menopur injections every other day as I tried clomid on the first attempt and the lining only measured 5.89mm when I had the first IUI.

Does anyone suggest ways to improve your lining thickness?
Thanks
C :2ww:

Hey hun! i'm afraid i have no experience

But just wanted to say good luck with the IUI! i know there are many ladies on here been TTC for a long time and its so stressful

Hope you get your BFP soon.xx

Hey ClareA :wave:

I didn't want to read & run but sending you big :hugs:

I am sure your be able to get the advice you need, all the girls are great

xxxxxxx

Hi,

Didn't want to read and run either. Also sending you a big hug. Have you tried any alternative therapies, acupuncture, etc?

Hope you get the baby you deserve soon hun. It's very hard when you're trying, especially for a long time, and others fall so easily.

Wishing you lots of luck.

xxxx

Hiya

Im on my 13th cycle TTC and its hard for me, your so strong. Stay on here and we will all pick you up when your down etc and can share new info with you.

Sending lots of love and baby dust your way xxxx

Hiya Clare :)

Sorry you're having such a hard time with everything :(

I'm not sure if there are any herbal drugs that you could take as i don't use them myself, but a good healthy diet is always a good place to start.

I don't know if you are taking a conception/pregnancy supplement, but it's a good idea.

If not, just make sure you are eating enough iron which is used to make red blood cells ie uterine lining.

Try not to lose hope, just a matter of trying to get your mind off it as much as possible :hug:

Hi i have been trying for nearly two two years well year and half and i was panicking there was something with me but then my luck came and i found out i was pregnant just over a week ago. Just keep trying maybe your missing your most fertile time. xx

Hi ClareA

I’m new to this website so sorry if I don’t know many abbreviations for certain words.

Firstly good luck with your efforts TTCing and with your 2nd IUI. Fingers crossed X

I seem to be in the same situation as you. I have been TTCing for 3 years now with one failed pregnancy at 12 weeks in 2010. My hubby and I have had all the tests, the result = Unexplained Infertility. What a horrible word!!

Anyway I had one failed Clomid/IUI back in Sept 2010 (I personally think the insemination was just too late) and just had my second Clomid/IUI a week ago with 2 good size follies on my left ovary. This time the timing couldn’t have been more perfect and I felt ovulation on the day of the procedure. I will find out on Sunday if it Pos or Neg. Not getting my hopes up as I have been disappointed many times before but I have a little hope in me somewhere, amazingly! Where are you in your IUI cycle?

I currently have a few symptoms but I don’t know if it’s just my head playing tricks on me?

I personally have never asked about lining thickness and my Fertility Dr has not mentioned anything about the lining either, never thought this was an issue?

Hope we get our BFP’s soon. x

Dear All -

Thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragement. It means a lot. Although you have close friends and family you can talk to, unless they have been through exactly what you're going through it is hard for them to find the right words.

Well I went back on Monday for my scan but knew in my heart that it wasn't going to be good news. My lining had thickened slightly but still half the amount it should be. I had already ovulated so the 2nd IUI was cancelled. They are having a 'big chat' at UCL tomorrow about what to do next with perhaps some more internal investigations regarding my lining.

Am trying to be positive as now maybe I can move from being called 'unexplained infertility' to 'possible lining defect'!! It is something to work with I suppose!

Clare A :bd: - and I still have to get it on tonight!!!!!!!

Fx for all of you ladies! It's nice of you to share your experience with us!

xxx

Hi Clare

I know I am late to the party but I just wanted to say hi and say your not alone with your feelings. In fact I have a best friend who today told me she was pregnant by text message..with no thought to my feelings and she knows we have been trying really hard for 2 years.

I hope everything goes ok for you and keep your chin up you will get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back