From bottles to beakers

loz

Reaction score
We had a talk from the HVs early on after Emms was born re oral hygeine. The woman said that we really need to get baby to change from bottles with teats to beakers by 1 yr as they are much better for teeth. I wondered how easy people had found this? Emms will drink water from a beaker but at the moment it has the valve in so she still has to suck the water out. I havent tried her with having milk from a beaker. Her 1st 2 teeth are poking through but not fully out yet, but am wondering when to try the milk in the beaker.

Any tips on how to be successful with this or is it quite easy?

Thanks guys :hug:

I introduced water in a cup from 4 months then I think at around 8-9 months i would pour some of their formula milk (not a lot, couple of ounces) into the cup to get them a bit used to it and at 12 months switched the bottle for cup with the formula for cows milk!
The boys were ok with this but Lucy was a little harder! lol I think she still occasionally had her bottle at about 14 months!

Thomas is younger but he only has milk from his bottle first thing in the morning then evening,
if he wants milk during the days its from his beaker.
you can remove the non spill bit from them hun so its free flow we have to do this with Thomas. Just keep an eye on them that they dont tip it up :)

I found he moved from bottle to beaker for his day milk very easily as he likes the indepence of drinking alone

I plan to take him off his bottles full time after his op so he will be about 11 months old
good luck with it
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back