Beakers

Minime

Reaction score
Can you recommend the better ones?

I have at least 4 types and he won't touch any of them so has never drank from a beaker. He just chews on the spouts and makes no attempt whatsoever to suck. I've got Nuby (sp?) Avent, tommee tippee and one my nan bought but it wasnt non spill so only tried it once!

I got him a couple of those bottles with a hole in the centre so he can grip them and he drinks from that no problem and they have completely different teats to what his avent bottles have so I dont think its a case of him disliking the change. :? He just doesnt seem to understand he has to suck! I even put milk in a beaker but nope, still no go.

DS doesn't like normal beakers but he loves my DD's cups that have a straw. He'll sit with it wedged between his legs, leans over and drinks out of the straw, bless him!

You can get them from tescos etc and they're £2.99 :D

Have you tried just without a top on? A lot of the time Ellie prefers to drink without a top in the way no matter which types I have tried. You need to help them more as they don't always realise to set it upright before taking it away from their more.

C seemed th struggle with the spout so I tried it with the top off and she seems much happier with that. Bit messy but heyho. apparently when I was small you used to get cups with a lip, but I can't find anything like this.

So happy someone posted on this as I'm having the same problem with Tom. I've got about 6 beakers downstairs and he can't seem to get the hang of any of them. I'll buy one with a straw this weekend and see how we get on with that. Lx

He's always after our cups and trying to drink the dregs lol! I'll try him with the straw type as I'm sure I've got one in the cupboard somewhere. Thanks for your help!

Gosh I must have had about 20 different beakers/cups/bottles, most of which my son wouldn't touch. He was breastfed so he found them really alien.
-In the end we discovered he could drink from "Sportster" type bottles, the ones with a lid like a Fruitshoot.
-Luckily once he got older he'd drink from anyone of the 20 beakers/cups/bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back