friends and familys reaction to you being pregnant

Anna23

Reaction score
i was just wondering how your friends and family react to you being pregnant?

my parents were a bit :evil: at first because I'm only 19 but now they are really excited. My FIL and his wife have been excited for us from day one but my MIL still thinks we are 'stupid'.... It's ok though because I think she's a lot of things! :wink: :rotfl:

I've definately found out who our real friends are though- we've lost some mates who I thought were 'real friends' but IMHO it's quality not quantity so they can shove it! :moon:

When we told our mates and parents, mates were all really pleased for us. My parents were slightly surprised and found it a little hard to get heads round it (they've resigned themselves to the fact that they're grandparents, they are now old - daft!!) but now they're excited.
My In laws were really pleased and are all very excited too. Niece Jodie (9 years old - in laws side) is a bit worried at sharing her Grandma with another child, but I'm sure she'll love her cousin to bits once he/she is born

With my first pregnancy most of my family were really excited - my sister was over the moon because until then she was the only one with kids. Oh's family were a bit more apprehensive because we're not particularly well off and they were worrying about whether we could 'afford' the baby. They were really happy though cos the last baby born on that side of the family is now 11!

We haven't told anyone yet this time round. My mum & sister know we were TTC so will be really excited again. I think OH's family will be surprised because Austin's still quite young but they'll be pleased for us too.

All my 'old' friends were pleased for me last time but they're all off being career girls so aren't thinking about kids yet. It's meant that Austin's been spoiled rotten with them all buying him things!

more or less everyone was happy for us and both sets of parents are very excited. my parents more so because its their first grandchild. We've had a few negative comments from people though. one person said we'd never cope with a baby and that we'd end up having them taken off us and another said we only did it to make her feel bad because she had a m/c (we had no idea about it until she said that because she hadn't told anyone and then i felt awful)
people can be so cruel but i don't take any notice of them because i know we are more than capable of looking after a baby and i think i'll be quite a good mum.
Hope none of you have any negative reactions :hug:

well my parents and my partners parents are soo happy, mum was worried at first but when she saw that my partner is 100% there for me and my other 2 children she is happy, i thought my friends were happy about it (one who i thought was a very close friend) she said some harsh things to my partner and aparently i'm the talk of the town atm between my friends becasue i have known my partner for a while but we never dated untill a month and a half ago and basicly i fell pregnant in the 2nd week of us dating ironicly on the day he proposed to me lol but at the end of the day we both love eachother and are very happy.

As long as you are both happy then that is all that matters. my fiancee also proposed to me just a month after we had met and we have been together for almost 3 and a half years! your friends are probably just jelous of you, don't listen to anything they say :hug:

My nurse at the hospital (who deals with my crohns disease) was over the moon, my mums first reaction was "oh no!!" (probably cos i was so ill last year) my dad has still not even mentioned the fact im pregnant but my friends and my boss were really pleased!

I think the negative reactions were more out of concern than anything but they have all come round (my dad still wont talk about it though).

Claire x

I haven't told my family yet...
And I've had a silly big argument with my mum on the phone and I nearly blurted it out. I think she's going to come and visit tomorrow so we can sort things out. I'm worried I will end up telling her because i want to wait and tell her and my dad at the same time... I hope they will be happy... will be their first grandchild...

I was very much expecting hell when I told my familly and friends but not one person was annoyed they were all really happy. I think it was mainly because I made clear that no I didn't mean to get pregnant BUT I am so happy about it. Thats the main thing.x

All my family and friends were happy for me!
Some called me "mad" in gest lol!

Oh god... Bringing back teeeeeerrible memories lol!

This wasn't planned so everyone was shocked... Mum & Dad were great and really supportive, brothers were over the moon to be uncles (they're 13 & 17) but my ex? Well, put it this way, he proposed Xmas day, went home to collect some more bits 3 days later, not seen him since!! :lol: (He wants nothing to do with us)

And his family? Well, after me promptly turning down their offer to pay privately for an abortion, their exact words were "all we do now is pray day and night that nature does away with it" IT? IT? Grrrrr :roll:

They offered their darling son a paid 6 months in Greece in return for a lifetime without his first born, he accepted of course, good ol' Mummy's boy :wink:

How have yours reacted hun? Have you told them yet? xx

OMG Dannii!!!! I had read about your ex before but not that his parents said that!!! :evil: :evil:
That is disgusting!
OMG I hope nature does away with them!!!! :rotfl:
Seriously though!! :twisted:

well when i fell pregnant with my 6 year old son at 16 (had him at 17) i went through hell, his dad told me to have a abortion, my dad convinsed me to have a abortion to which i went to the app (i realy didn't want to do it as i wanted my son) and when i went to see the abortion counselour i told her i was not getting rid of my baby i only came to the app becasue of my dad, so when i came out of the app i told my dad i am keeping him to which my dad replyed by punching the wall and sending me to scottland to stay with my mum thinking she would convinse me to have a abortion which oviously she didn't, she was so supportive she told me to do what i want to do as it's my choice bla bla, anyway as time went by after arguments with my dad he came round and now he LOVES james i think he is his fav grandchild lol
When i fell pregnant with my daughter well everyone was happpy for me except my mum was worried becasue it was oviouse i was going to do it on my own but she supported me through it, she realy is a great mum lol
This time round mum is worried becasue she doesn't want me to be a single mother to 3 children however my partner has shown her that he is going to support me 100% and he loves me etc... (he proposed the day we conceved lol)

When i fell pregnant with baby i mc i told my mum and she was really happy for us, shocked but happy. I then told my auntie who looked at me really sad and said 'Oh No' - very upsetting as we planned the pregnancy.
I mc at 11.5wks.
When i fell pregnant with my lil boy B (2 in may) we didnt tell anyone until i had the 12 week scan pic which we just showed everyone and they were so happy for us.
This time round i have morning sickness worse than before and found i had to tell a couple freinds (they would have soon guessed if i hadnt) they are really happy for us. I may have to tell my family soon too i feel i need someone else i cant talk to about it (moan to that im feeling sick and they can give me sympathy). My 2 older sisters are pregnant too so it is a busy year for my mum, 3 in 1 year :rotfl:

With Lucy everyone was really happy. To be honest I think it was pretty much expected as we got married in the April and had Lucy the following May.

Everyone was really happy again last time but unfortunately I found out at the 12 wk scan that baby had died at 7 weeks.

This time we were going to keep it really quiet because of the miscarriage and the fact that MIL couldn't keep her mouth shut last time (what's hard to understand about "Don't tell ANYONE" !!!)
The day I took the test, I came downstairs and showed OH, to which he replied "so you'll be due about the same time as <xx> then". Yes, his brother's gf is pregnant too and is 1 week ahead of us.

We decided then and there that it wasn't going to be easy to sit and listen to conversations about their pregnancy and not mention ours. I know it isn't lying but it would have been close and I'm no good at lying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back