Telling Family /Friends

Cherry.Glitter

Reaction score
I'm just curious - when and how are you planning to tell friends and family that you're pregnant?

Also - if you work, when are you planning to thell them?

:)

Last edited:
Well we told my parents and DH's parents as soon as we found out. I have told a handful of friends and two work collegues but I am so worried at the moment we are holding out until our 12 week scan to let others know....

Not really sure how to tell people though!!

My Manager knows but I report into two people so I will let the other know straight after our 12 week scan.

I think it's such a personal decision and I don't believe in jinxing.

xx

My parents know and that's all :)

I would love to tell everyone and scream it from the roofs but i'm way to scared to do that at this stage so will wait till 12 week scan and then decide from there.

Last edited:
we have told our families...told them all together on xmas day!
well dh said cheers merry xmas..here is to the newest member of the family
everyone was like "eh? what?" he he
but was a lovely moment
we r having dating scan next wed will start telling close friends next weekend and then work after 12 weeks!
xx

We told our families and closest friends straight away. I told my 2 bosses last week as I needed time off for midwife appointment and I have my scan this Friday and wanted to be honest about it as I knew they would be supportive. As for the rest of our friends and work colleagues, they will be told after our scan aslong as all is okay. x

I have told a few people at work (as I had to) and 2 very close friends. Not told family yet as my Step-Dad died last year and my Mum is having a hard time, as much as I am dying to tell her as she will be delighted, I don't want more heartache for her if things don't turn out. Itching for 12 weeks and scan to come so I can tell our family though!

I think its a personal decision and everyone is different. If my Mum was in a better place I would have told her the day I found out, although it was nice for it to be 'a secret' for just the two of us for a bit.x

Congratulations hun! :D Did I miss your bfp announcement?? I found out when I was 3+3 too :D

We had a lunch with all my family the day we found out, so told them then. Have been telling OH's family gradually since. Also told my two closest friends as soon as I found out too :D x x

I told people at 8 weeks.

My parents and hubby's parents knew the day after we found out, at 4 weeks.

The only reason we told at 8 weeks is because my dad got very over excited and kept commenting on my facebook and me being in bloom, morning sickness and a growing belly, so if I didn't announce it, people would have found out eventually! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

We told people as soon as we found out. I am so bad at keeping secrets hee hee x

We told our parents at 8 weeks, after an early scan, by giving them a christmas card saying 'To Granny and Grandpa, love from Bump xxx' :D
We told close friends on Christmas eve, and announced it officially on facebook yesterday after (early) 12 week scan xx

we've told both sets of parents and three close friends. I'm keeping it from work a bit longer until i've had the scan in two weeks time. Its driving me up the wall not being able to say anything at the minute. I had a miscarriage last year and I don't want to get my hopes up until I know that everything in there is safe and sound :)
x

So pretty much all the same responses? If I'm being honest, 2 first response, 3 CB digitals, the worst nausea ever and cronic heartburn haven't convinced me that I'm actually pregnant so I feel silly telling family when I don't believe it myself :eh:

Was this the same for you guys or am i being weird? :whistle:

Vixxie - Thank you! It doesn't seem like 5 mins since you left TTC! I didn't announce it...as I said above I don't really believe it and I didn't really know where to announce it either :wall2:

Last edited:
Aw bless you hun :) its very hard to believe I know. If you want to announce it then you can do it in 'BFP Announcements' x x

My in laws know, we told them xmas day, but my family don't. In fact, I dread telling them, I get sick and panicky at the thought of it :( They won't be as supportive

Sorry to hear that babyem, that's very sad.
I know its not the same, but ull always have support on here :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thankyou :)

Hopefully it won't be too bad, but if it doesnt go well, I know I'll have lots of support elsewhere :)

my hubby is telling me we shouldnt tell ANYBODY but my work until 12 weeks! he is terrified of this jinx thing. I have to tell me work as i am a police officer, so cant go out on the street.

although I have already told my sister, Dad and one of my best mates! hubby doesnt know i have blabbed yet. Meeting my Mum for lunch on Sunday wo will tell her then if i dont speak to her before.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back