Freya May, 25.05.07 (sorry it took so long!)

EllieG

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I had better write my story as she is almost 4 weeks old already :shock: . Its so lovely to have her here, she is a wonderful baby.
Well it all started on the friday mornng, I took the kids to school and was feeling mild pains I can only describe as trapped wind! there was no regularity to them, but they were coming and going, my husband had a day off so we decided to do some house work and went for a drive, they were a little more painfull but with no regularity, I thought it couldbe effacing pains. At half past two I went for a short walk and the pains were getting a little worse, but I could talk through them, so I went home and had a bath, put loads of radox with clary sage in it in the bath. My husband went to pick the kids up from school and I got out of the bath and sa on my ball, the pains started to change a bit and I thought it would be soon time to head into the unit as I was supposed to be having a water birth. I called my midwife, she said she couldn't get there until after 7 so I went ahead and in the car the pains were coming every 4 minuites. By now it was about half four, we got to the unit and I was examined, the midwife said I was 4cm, it was ten to five, I started using the entonox and the mw went to get some paperwork, the pains just intensified ten fold, when the mw came back 10 min later she said do you want to get the pool up and fill it, I said to her that there wasn't time, I could feel Freya moving down and my membranes were bulging, my waters broke with te next contraction and I could feel her head on my perineum, I was standing up and told the midwife, she said I had to get on the bed as there was meconium in the waters so the baby could be in distress, I got on the bed and with two pushes she was born, at 17.42, 50 minuites after I was examined. She weighed in at 7 lb 10 oz, considerably less than my other two who were 9lb ers. She is beautiful, we came out of hospital the next day. I never did get to use my pool....will be going on ebay me thinks! Will post piccy when oh gets home as I am a tech phobe!

Wow what a quick delivery a massive CONGRATULATIONS hun

Congrats! Beautiful name. Looking forward to seeing those pics.

Yay!! :cheer: another new little princess :cheer:

Congratulations and welcome baby freya :hug: :hug:

Congrats on a fast birth, now i understand when you wrote on mine about it must be something to do with third babies :cheer:

Love to see a piccy of your little bundle, and glad she's ok,congrats yet again :hug:

Congratulations, good job she was smaller than the others being such a quick labour that would have been yoweeeeeee!!! :shock:
Well done :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back