freezing home-made baby food

trixipaws

Reaction score
waa-waa the diva doesnt like savoury jars, she likes the puddings but her actual meals i make myself or my mum does. but now she's too big for one ice-cube sized meals, i use 3 or 4 ice-cubes- does anyone kno where i can get large ice-cube trays or alternative baby-meal freezing receptacles? thanx in advance x

when i make baby meals up i have loads of plastic containers that i pop the food in and freeze them like that.Or before that i used foodbags but hey were messy when they were cooked in th microwave.

The ice cube trays have never been big enough for D - he eats too much :shock: I bought some tubs from Tesco (can't remember the name) - 5 for about £1.50ish and they fit enough for 2 meals in each x

I got a load of little tubs with lids from Poundland and then used to put a sticker on the lid saying what it was and the date I made it.

I got some tubs from Asda - they're weaning bowls with lids, and I just filled those up. Alternatively, my mum used to use yogurt pots with clingfilm on top. I don't have labels for the tubs, I just colour co-ordinated the flavours... so the orange tub is orange flavour, the red tub is strawberry and red grapes, the green one is pear and melon.. I got stuck on blue and purple so made them "mixed fruit". LOL

3 or 4 ice cubes... I gave up on Ice cube trays almost immediately as Ryan has 10 :|

thanx guys- i dont kno which one of ur replies to go with now, theyre all really helpful!

I saw some lovely little plastic pots in Asda today. They were about as big round as a baby yogurt pot, but twice as high and had lids. They were only 24p each. Looked the biz to me :D

leckershell said:
I got some tubs from Asda - they're weaning bowls with lids, and I just filled those up. Alternatively, my mum used to use yogurt pots with clingfilm on top. I don't have labels for the tubs, I just colour co-ordinated the flavours... so the orange tub is orange flavour, the red tub is strawberry and red grapes, the green one is pear and melon.. I got stuck on blue and purple so made them "mixed fruit". LOL

3 or 4 ice cubes... I gave up on Ice cube trays almost immediately as Ryan has 10 :|

Are those the ones that come in rainbow colours? I have those in 2 different sizes. They are great.

lauramumof2 said:
leckershell said:

Are those the ones that come in rainbow colours? I have those in 2 different sizes. They are great.

These sound good! I'm on a mission now lol. Don't need them yet, but I'm on the hunt :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back