• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

freaking out - blood in nappy

Melanie

Reaction score
When I last changed Thea's nappy it had blood in it. The blood was bright red and id say it looked there was maybe a teaspoon or two's worth in there :(

I'm all alone today with no car so I cant just run to the medical center (although i want to). Richard says if there is more at her next nappy change then he will come home and take us to see a doctor.

I read that it could be because she was straining for a poo but Thea doesn't really do that (she is an odd child, she seems to enjoy pooing!) She still passes mostly liquid anyway, she has never had a solid poo (yeah sorry TMI!).

Anyone had any experience of this and can calm me down?

i dont no hun? i did read that its normal for little girls to bleed from thier fairys but i thought that was when she where first born?

does she look cut atall?
little scratch?

i have just read that it is coman in breast fed babies

I dont know if it could be this but at our postnatal group recently there was a mum experiencing the same problem with her little girl. She was breastfeeding and the baby was a similar age. Apparently due to the hormones in the milk the baby had experienced a little period. The health visitor said it is quite common, particularly at birth, and then later on in breastfed girls

WOW i never even considered something like that Dionne! Thanks for that info.

I couldnt see any visible reason for the blood like a cut of anything. If there is anything there at the next change i think i will get Richard to come home from work and take us to a doctor.

My HV warned me that this may happen with my little girl.

to be honest i would still panic and go to my gp :)

:hug:

There can be loads of reasons and I don't think any are serious but as you know leorah has a milk soya protein intolerance and this can be sympton. I would guess its not though because as you say she likes to poo, babies with this are usually very unhappy.

Charlie Tankett's LO also had blood in his nappy, I can't remember what caused it but it turned out not to be serious, perhaps you could ask her.

I would definitely call the doc though for reassurance. Here is a good poo website by the way:

http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ ... s/poop.asp

I hope everything is ok, I am sure it is :hug:

hope thea is ok hun, sorry no advice to give.

:hug: :hug:

Well no more freaky nappies but i called my doctor anyway.

He thinks its probably hormonal from my breast milk. He says that is totally normal (like why cant they tell you this stuff before it almost gives you heart failure????) If it happens again i should take her straight in and he will see her without an appointment but other wise he will check her out when she gets her 3 month Jabs next week.

my little girl had that wen she was in scbu, my poor oh changed her nappy and panicked and told teh mw who had 2 explain 2 him what it was lol, he was all embarassed!!!

molly had exactly the same i asked the hv and she said it was normal at about the same age as thea id ask though just to make sure i freaked out the hv looked at me as if i was stupid id only had boys lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back