Foundation advice - suggestions?

Lolly85x

Reaction score
Hello ladies

Wondered if anyone had any advice on a good foundation?
I usually used bare minerals powder stuff, and I did like it, but it just seems like too much hard work when my baby arrives. Also I have developed a little bit of dry skin on my cheek which the mineral make up just shows up.

So what are you ladies using?
Thanks L xx

Hey hun

Before you change your foundation, I'd start using a good exfolliator. This will slough away the dead, dry skin and give an even finish whatever foundation you wear.

For hassle free, how about a tinted moisturiser. If worn over your regular moisturiser, it'll give a you a boost.

Generally cream foundations are best matched for drier skin as they have a higher oil content which is what dry skin is lacking.

Hope this helps! xxx

I used to use the Collection 2000 one with minerals in...

Then i started using the Fragrance Direct website! I get the ROCHAS foundation for £2.99 - its supposed to be £25 or something around that and it is actually amazing! It looks really natural on my skin!

They do limited colours though, but i think if you email them they can tell you if they will be getting more in.

I like clinique foundations - not cheap but last a long time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use olay tinted moisturiser, it's just the right colour for me and obviously good for dry skin :) x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

I like clinique foundations - not cheap but last a long time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use Clinique foundations and like you said its not cheap but I think there foundations are amazing xxx

Revlon photo finish foundation is brill. I put moisturiser on first then foundation and top it off with a dusting of bare minerals. I have dry skin but my skin looks really nice with this on and not dry at all xx

I use esteer lauder! its lovely - i developed the mask of pregnancy iwth my LO< and it never went away! It is the only thing that will cover it! xx

I use esteer lauder! its lovely - i developed the mask of pregnancy iwth my LO< and it never went away! It is the only thing that will cover it! xx

Which estee lauder do you use hun, I have this same skin problem and it drives me crazy. i use mabylene (sp?) mousse atm and in the morning my skin looks good but as the day goes on the make up wears off! Keep wanting to try something new but never know what to go for!

Which estee lauder do you use hun, I have this same skin problem and it drives me crazy. i use mabylene (sp?) mousse atm and in the morning my skin looks good but as the day goes on the make up wears off! Keep wanting to try something new but never know what to go for!

Its estee lauder double wear (mine is in shade pale almond). It has wonderful coverage and as I said its the only thing that covers the "mask". I make sure I moisturise wel before putting it on and then apply. I put some in my palm, rub my hands together and put it on like i would moisteriser. Not the way your supposed to but i find if you put it on "properly" it can look quite heav! I love estee lauder, I have tried everything, clinic, clarins, all of them and this for me is the best! xxx

Its estee lauder double wear (mine is in shade pale almond). It has wonderful coverage and as I said its the only thing that covers the "mask". I make sure I moisturise wel before putting it on and then apply. I put some in my palm, rub my hands together and put it on like i would moisteriser. Not the way your supposed to but i find if you put it on "properly" it can look quite heav! I love estee lauder, I have tried everything, clinic, clarins, all of them and this for me is the best! xxx

Thanks hun, gonna give it a go asap xx

Thanks hun, gonna give it a go asap xx

Hey

I worked for Lauder before so thought I'd give you a heads up but you can go to any counter and the adviser will give you a colour match and you can ask for a free 10 day supply to take home and try first.

Agree with Dani, it's an amazing foundation and is bullet proof - lasts all day :) xxx

I still use BE its quicker than applying foundation and powder :)

Thanks ladies... I'll have a look at the Clinique stuff and Estée Lauder next time im in a department store...
Might look into a wee tinted moisturiser for over the summer tho...!
Lots to think about :) xxx

Hello ladies

Wondered if anyone had any advice on a good foundation?
I usually used bare minerals powder stuff, and I did like it, but it just seems like too much hard work when my baby arrives. Also I have developed a little bit of dry skin on my cheek which the mineral make up just shows up.

So what are you ladies using?
Thanks L xx

I love liquid, I didnt use to because I didnt like the feel but now I wouldnt go for anything else, I use to use dream matte mousse but it shown dry skin around my nose which I didnt even know I had!
The best foundation ive ever used is YVes Saint Laurent Perfect Touch Foundation but its an expensive do I spent £34 on it but if you can afford it its totally worth it and lasts ages and has a brush attached and you dont need to wear powder over the top and it smells nice!
Recently it ran out and I couldnt afford a new one so I was looking for a cheaper one £10 and under which was cruelty free -

I found the new professional range of MUA liquid matte foundation for just £2, I looked online at youtube reviews and people said its good but shiny and I thought for £2 and powder is £1 ive nothing to lose in trying so I bought it and im very happy with it....its no where near as good at the £34 one but for the price difference you wouldnt expect it!

You do need powder though as its very shiny!
& ive not had the GOSH liquid foundation yet about 7.99 but i did try it on my hand and it was looking good!

Exfoliate skin ..
Use a skin toner ..
Cream ..
Then i use:
mac liquid
Or
Matte mouse
I find patting it on instead of rubbing helps..

I used the mineral 1 and it dried my skin out to! However gave a nice natural finish :)

I use olay tinted moisturiser, it's just the right colour for me and obviously good for dry skin :) x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

I use this too ... I find its much better for my skin than wearing foundation everyday ... I only wear foundation if I'm going out of an evening, or a special occassion

I use maxfactor second skin foundation, it's not too thick and heavy but it still gives you a good coverage. I have tried a few different foundations and this one is still my fave. I always make sure I moisturise and also put on my stila one step corrector before I apply my foundation..........goes on so much better :) I always put pressed powder on after to take the shine off but I don't spend on fortune on this, I quite like the naturals collection one from boots.

Like a couple of the other girlies have already mentioned I also use Olay tinted moisturiser some days instead of a full face of makeup. It gives you a good colour and is helpful for hot days when you don't fancy sweating off all your makeup lol (not the we get many hot days in UK!)

I can't wear foundation as my skin is quite dry, and just looks awful as soon as I put it on, even after exfoliating. I'm using a BB cream at the moment which is quite good, but as usual, doesn't quite suit my skin tone. I'm very pale with pink toned skin, and it seems make up brands don't seem to realise that not everyone has yellow tones in their skin! I've never found a foundation that actually matches and looks natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back