Make up bases!

Funkylady

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good make up base to go under my foundation.

I often find when I come to putting my foundation on that my skin is a bit dry and so the foundation kinda just sticks to my skin and is very noticeable and flakey looking..

any ideas anyone?

xxx

i would recommend l'oreal foundation for you - its in a bottle and you have to use a sponge to apply it to your face, its great. non oil, sticky and will give a gorgeous base - i then apply mineral on top just to hide blemishes.

Funkylady said:
my skin is a bit dry and so the foundation kinda just sticks to my skin and is very noticeable and flakey looking..

any ideas anyone?

xxx

snap - id like to know 2!

This also happens to me to! Spesh round my nose cause i have dry flaky skin.

Do you moisturize before applying your foundation hun? It's the only way I can wear it!

I slap some clinique dramatically different lotion on, then wait 5 mins and then put my foundation on. Makes it so much easier to apply!

I think no7 do some bases, as well as este lauder. I saw a maybelline foundation that has two liquids in the one pump. I think you apply the white base, and then the foundation!

Ohhhh I love make-up I do!! Can you tell? :rotfl:

My mum sent me for makeup lessons when I was 14 coz she didn't want me walking about with a tide mark, or looking like I'd applied it straight from a cement mixer! :rotfl:

xxx

I use a moisturiser before I put foundation on and It works for me, it makes it alot easier to apply and I think it sits better.

Moisturise first is a must, then DON'T use a sponge to put on liquid foundation as it can agrivate the skin.... use just your clean fingers.

I use MAC make up and love it, never had a problem with any of their products.

i use moisturiser first and then if my skin is really dry i mix my foundation with my moisturiser

I do that but my skins THAt flakey round my nose that it doesnt make a difference, cant get it to lie smooth over the edges of my nose, n its even worse if i put powder over it, i exfoliate all the time, and before i put my moisturiser on but nothing seems to make a difference :(
If you ladies find a miracle cure let me know !!!!

Avon do a great regular priced make up base :)

Other than that generally my make up is Mac or Channel and both are fantastic, both do good bases which come in different skin type formulas, i.e. dry, oily, combination etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back