your skin after birth

Kimbo

Reaction score
what was it like? did it change?
mine used to be ok... it went a little dry at the end of my pregnancy but since i had leah its been awful.

it's just dry, cracked, flaky, blotchy and red patches :(
it just feels so rough.. not just on my face but on my arms and chest too.
ive been using a st.ives scrub every day, and it gets rid of the flakiness for about 2 hours and then i just look bad again.

did anyone else's skin change a lot after birth??? and is it just hormones?
we havent changed washing powder or anything so i havent had a reaction (iv got really sensitive skin)

Have to say mine has been brill. I look so much better than when I was pregnant. Haven't had period since giving birth, so am assuming no hormones are running round in my body at the mo, which seems to have attritbuted to my fresh, smooth, blemish free skins. :D Only thing I have suffered with is a little dryness, I think that's from central heating. But otherwise no spots etc.

When cycle starts again I am sure I will get the token hormonal spot or two on my chin :evil:

Sorry to hear you are sufering with your skin at the mo. It could be hormones... can't really help as such, but hope it settles down soon for you.

Mine was ok but the past month it has been dead,dead dry, i tried one of them Oil of Olay anti-aging Moisturising masks earlier but had to take it off after 5 mins as Glenn screamed his head off when he saw me innit, poor little thing, he went crazy he was so scared...... :?

I'm wondering if by using the scrub as frequently as you are, you may actually be irritating your skin.

I know this product is expensive, but I have heard lots of brilliant reports about it:
Dream Cream by Lush, I have it and it's lovely, I used to have very dry and itchy legs, but they have really cleared up.
Maybe try a Lush soap/shower gel too, or something from the Simple range :D

I googled it hun and it seems pretty common. Most reccomend drinking lots of water to hydrate you. Dont use anything harsh on your skin, try just washing with water or a very gentle cleanser and patting dry gently. Id stop using the scrub as it will make your skin raw and will prob make you more dry and flaky. Use lots of moisturiser like E45 or Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Cream << I use this and have really sensitive skin and its really gentle and works a treat.

You can add a few drops of baby oil to your bath but be really careful when you get out and rinse the bath out well after because it makes it really slippy.

xx

i never noticed any change in my skin either during pregnancy nor after the birth, sorry cant help!

I read in a mag last night that loss of Oestrogen can cause shitty skin and so to take Omega capsules or eat plenty of oily fish :D

How about you girls hair, whats happened to that after having babies? Mine usually falls out ALOT but since being pregnant it hasnt, now Im crapping myself thinking as soon as Ive popped it will all fall out and I'll be bald :shock:

Tillytots said:
I read in a mag last night that loss of Oestrogen can cause sh*tty skin and so to take Omega capsules or eat plenty of oily fish :D

How about you girls hair, whats happened to that after having babies? Mine usually falls out ALOT but since being pregnant it hasnt, now Im crapping myself thinking as soon as Ive popped it will all fall out and I'll be bald :shock:

My hair's stll falling out now. I keep finding it all over the house :(

thanks girls..
i gave the scrub a miss this morning but my skin doesnt seem to be any different... but ive just bought some nivea intensive creme so i will slap it on before bed and hopefully it wont be as dry :)

as for the hair tillytots, it was lovely in pregnancy and now its lank and dull :(

I had an allergic reaction to something from the birth of my boy and had a really bad skin rash - hives for about 6 weeks post partum which I had to take antihistamines for. I think it was from the epidural but never did find out for sure. I had red blotchy spots all over my body and they were really itchy and sore. I used calomine lotion too but the antihistamines really got rid of it.
My skin has always been very dry and crap and having little one has made no difference :(

Dinski said:
I had an allergic reaction to something from the birth of my boy and had a really bad skin rash - hives for about 6 weeks post partum which I had to take antihistamines for. I think it was from the epidural but never did find out for sure. I had red blotchy spots all over my body and they were really itchy and sore. I used calomine lotion too but the antihistamines really got rid of it.
My skin has always been very dry and crap and having little one has made no difference :(

how odd :shock: :shock: :shock:
i had an epidural too and my skin has only been like this since i had leah :think: :think:

anyway you clever lot.. i ditched the scrub and been using nivea cream and the skin on my face has gone lovely and soft!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Dinski said:

how odd :shock: :shock: :shock:
i had an epidural too and my skin has only been like this since i had leah :think: :think:

anyway you clever lot.. i ditched the scrub and been using nivea cream and the skin on my face has gone lovely and soft!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

LOL I panicked at the pushing stage with Serena and managed to burst blood vessels all over my face... but since then my skin has been dry, spotty and very itchy... I use a scrub but also a moisturise like theres no tomorrow. :rotfl:

My hair mind is actually in a better state now than when I was pregnant :think:

My skin has gone terrible :( I have got loads of spots and its dry and feels bloody awful :cry:

I keep forgetting to moisturise aswell so I know thats not helping but it hasnt been this bad EVER :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back