Formula once weened

swan1

Reaction score
Charlie is 6.5 months and has been eating 3 meals a day for weeks now, he has porridge for breakfast then lunch which is 3-4 weaning cubes worth of food and fruit and same again for his evening meal, he only has 16oz of formula which is 2 8oz bottles one in the morning and one at night before bed. He used to get one at about 3pm but over the last week has been refusing to drink it. Should i reduce his solids so he is getting more formula or as he is sleeping all night and seem quite happy should i just carry on even if he is getting less than the recommended minimum of 20oz??

Thanks

I would let your baby lead you in want he wants... if he's happy with just 2 bottles then thats fine. Does he drink water throughout the day?!?!

That sounds fantastic. They say your LO should be having 20oz per day, however that includes the milk in things like their porridge. So I am sure you are pretty close to that. I have the opposite problem. Ellie has only dropped 1 milk feed during the day but seems to have swapped that for a night feed (around 2am) which she had previously dropped. Arggh!

He is drinking water with his meals and has cows milk with his porridge and eats cheese and yogurt so maybe that is helping, he has also recently started having meat and fish which i think is filling him up hence not wanting the milk at 3pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back