forgive me if i'm being a little bit dense. new to everything

lilcurly

Reaction score
:wave: Ok, I'll start from the beginning.

My partner and I have been together for 7 years this coming may. He proposed on Christmas day and we decided we were going to get married in Aug 17. I was going to be working away for a few days leaving on the 3rd Jan. So, on the 2nd we were :bd: my partner has always been cautious about not using protection as we wanted to make sure we had our house first. I'd had a few too many and bouyed up by that we did without protection for about 30 seconds before I got told off haha. I've been traking my periods using mydays and my period was due to start on the 8th. On the 7th when I came home from working away, My partner asked when I thought we should have children and start trying. I said "now" half joking and he said he thought so too! This was literally music to my ears. So it's now the 12th and still no period which makes me 4 days overdue. I did a test this morning and it was negative. I've done a bit of symptom spotting just incase and I have been feeling slightly nauseous (normalish for me) hungry (normal for me when AF is due. Back ache (not normal for AF) i've had some spotting on the 10th and this morning and a few small cramps but otherwise nothing. Is there any chance i've done the test to early? I am completely new to this so please offer any suggestions that may help me detect further. We have since brought the date forward of our wedding to June this year as my bridesmaid has just told me she is 6 weeks pregnant :)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hey hun.

If you tracked your periods and ovulation right then you are testing around the right time. Some women don't get BFPs until later though.

I've just wrote a new thread. Have a read and look on the webpage I mentioned. I'm 16 DPO and waiting for either AF or a BFP so I know how stressful it is. Good luck!! Xx

Ahh thank you Slb24 :) it's doing my head in waiting. Have you done tests and they are negative then? I hope I am. I've picked my wedding dress with a corset back just incase :-D haha xxx

Ahh thank you Slb24 :) it's doing my head in waiting. Have you done tests and they are negative then? I hope I am. I've picked my wedding dress with a corset back just incase :-D haha xxx

Yes all my tests have been negative so far. Fingers crossed I will see something tomorrow!!

I forgot to add.. Are you using first morning urine? The hcg is strongest so it's the best time to test.

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding! I don't blame you! Best to think ahead xx

Yes, i've tested first thing this morning with a cheapie (my friend used the same one and got a pos at 3 weeks) we are going to london and my parents this week so i've brought a cheapie with me just in case i've not started by Friday. Thank you very much :) exciting times. We aren't telling anyone at the moment so my bridesmaid being pregnant actually helped us with a cover story ;-D haha xx

Aaw enjoy your trip and I hope you get a BFP! Let me know how you get on xx

Will do :) If it's a BFN I hope this backche goes away soon! Lol. Let me know how you get on xxx

Still no sign of AF. H2B doesn't think I am pregnant but I'm late by 5 days now and still only spotting. testing on Friday if still no sign xxx

Still no sign of AF. H2B doesn't think I am pregnant but I'm late by 5 days now and still only spotting. testing on Friday if still no sign xxx

I know how u feel hun. I'm 3 days late now. No AF and still getting BFNs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back