FOOKING HELL...MIGRAINES.HAD MY BLOOD TESTS BACK:( pg2

lying in a dark room sorts me out- but mine arent that bad, and i guess youve tried that?

lol i had one at work once and went to lie down in the "breakout area" where its dark and i fell asleep and my team leader forgot about me! haha i got paid to sleep for an hour lol

I have suffered from Migraine since I was 15. I remember thinking I was going blind the first time it happened. They are terrible! :(

Two days after coming home from hospital with Liam I had a really bad one for a couple of days and had to call the doctor out for an injection. Think it was Voltarol...they gave me it in tablet form but that doesn't work. Even all the triptan medications don't work for me. I just need to lie in a dark room sip water with a cold compress on my head and ride it out.

On of my friends is always complaining of "migraines" but she doesn't get an aura, sickness..just a sore head and she can still function... If only she knew!

I'm really lucky because paracetamol take the edge off of them for me. When I was first pg I had a bad one and Jed rang NHS direct and they told me I could only take paracetamol but now its still all I take.

Has anyone tried the new tablets you can buy over the counter now? I've seen them at tesco pharmacy but they were £7 a box!!!! Might try them though, if they work then it will be money well spent. I think they are called imigrain that were only available on prescription before. Not sure though?

Lou :)

WELL....had my blood test results and myt thryroid is slightly high so i have to have some more tests in 2 weeks, and in the meantime take beta blockers to stop headaches and control level of thyroxine in my blood which is what is likley to be causing migraines.

at least i have an answer now.. :)

rhian85 said:
WELL....had my blood test results and myt thryroid is slightly high so i have to have some more tests in 2 weeks, and in the meantime take beta blockers to stop headaches and control level of thyroxine in my blood which is what is likley to be causing migraines.

at least i have an answer now.. :)

Thats a relief!!! I've bloody woken up with a bad head today. Was the last day of my pill yesterday so was expecting it. Its all over one eye but I've taken paracetamol so just waiting now. It will either fade out or kick in.

I found out the name of my mums tablets. They are called sumatriptan (sp?)

yeah tried sumatriptan and they didnt even touch it with me but these things are trial and error.

Ive never had a migraine (touchwood) and rarely get headaches, but OH has a migraine about twice a month. Though after reading this im wondering if it is actually a migraine he gets and not just a bad headache as he never sees anything or feels sick :think:

But then, he has man-flu and never just a cold :lol:

Anyway, glad your getting some answers and on the way to controlling them! :hug:

I never feel sick either, but I can't do anything except lie in a dark room. I can't move even it's agony and lasts about 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back