God damn Blood tests GRRR

xSuzx

Reaction score
for the last week I've been getting really bad back pain and stomach pain with is worse after eating no signs of a tummy bug, so went to the drs.

She thinks it's most likely acid causing indigestion which is also irritating my stomach lining, but has sent me for blood tests just to make sure it isn't some sort of inflamation.

Anyway I'm a sod to get blood out off when I was pregnant the midwifes would alwasy send me to the phlebotomist to get it done. so went along today this is how it went.

The women called my number and I went and sat in the chair and told her were my best vain is, she tried but missed so she looked at my other arm but wouldn't chance it as thats worse so she asked if I'd mind having it out of my hand, so she tried my right hand she got 1 tube of blood out the it stopped.
As they'd only have 1 more chance out of my left hand she took me to another women, she then had alook but my vains weren't coming up so I had to go and put my hand in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes, this did the trick and she eventually managed to get the other 2 tubes of blood needed out of my left hand.

So after 20 minutes and 2 phlebotomists I walked out of there with 3 plasters stuck to my arms and hands :roll:

xSuzx

Awww Suz you poor thing, your a human pin cushion ! Hope you are not too bruised today :hug:

Hi

That sounds aweful hun hope you dont have to do that again anytime soon. My sister us the same way she has to use the tiniest needles.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back