Migraines and the Pill

Emma58

Reaction score
During 3rd tri i started getting Migraines. I had about 3 or 4 I'd never had them before but docs said it was pregnancy related. I have had one since having Sam - about 5-6 weeks ago.

Doctors have prescribed Yasmin contraception pill for me but i'm reluctant to take it because of the Migraines. My GP said because I never had them previously I will probably be alright and to try taking it.

I never get really bad headaches just the aura before -flashing lights and zig zaggy vision then a really mild headache.

Has anyone else any experience of getting Migraine and taking the Pill?

I made a post about this the other day.

I've never suffered from migraines, ever. I was on the pill a few years back and had no problems with it.

I started taking it again (Microgynon) a month ago and I started getting really funny spells with my vision and stuff, like the aura you're talking about, but the headache never came. I've also been getting pins and needles all over my body.

I saw 2 different GP's about it and they didn't seem too concerned but I'm gonna stop taking the pill after this pack cos all the info I've read online says that nobody who suffers from migranies, especially with aura, should be on the pill as it's dangerous :?

I am on the mini-pill (Femulin) due to my migranes..... never had a problem with it, yes I still get but nowhere near as often as I did on the pill.

Just read your post Kirsty.

:think: I don't know what to do now.

I don't want to start taking it and they start again. They scare the hell out of me.

Looks like i'll maybe have to try the Mini pill that's supposed to be OK if you get Migraines isn't it?

Emma58 said:
Just read your post Kirsty.

:think: I don't know what to do now.

I don't want to start taking it and they start again. They scare the hell out of me.

Looks like i'll maybe have to try the Mini pill that's supposed to be OK if you get Migraines isn't it?

Yeah I think he mentioned to me that it could be an option.

Then he started going on about the coil and implant and injection... I think I'd rather stick to pills :lol:

I wanna try Dianette cos it's good for your skin 8)

I took Cerazette! I have migraines often but Cerazette didnt make them any worse! My aunt however was given Microgynon and had a transient ischaemic attack ! Shes never allowed to take the combined pill again but can take cerazette! (mini pill)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back