Blood tests and scans

Tadpole

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have got my scan date - 29th Jan.

But I have just realised I haven't had any blood tests yet. I was missed for an initial booking appointment so the midwife came to see me last week when I was 9+3. She did all the booking stuff but still no blood tests. Will they be done at the hospital or do i need to book a specific appt at the doctors? And would it matter if it wsn't in the ante natal clinic as that is Tuesdays and I probably won't get an appt tomorrow. (I couldn't get through to the midwide today and was so excited when I got my scan date I forgot to ask them.) Presumable any nurse can take my blood?

Your bloods are usually taken around 12wks, but if you're concerned I'd ring your MW. At the scan they won't take bloods, it will just be a scan. Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well my MW has told me that i will be getting my bloods and stuff done at my scan, as it is their hospital policy to have them taken there at my first appointment. Rather than the other locaol hospital that has the MW take them.
I'd ring to make sure.

Where I am its MW care from my GP surgery, and so all minor routine tests are done there, bloods/urine etc not at a scan or hospital. Sorry to confuse anyone :oops: Different practises have different procedures, either way I think you should maybe check with your MW? :hug:

Thanks girls. Rang my MW today and apparently they are done at my scan. panicking over nothing again! :oops:

glad it sorted ;)

I had my booking appointment after my scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back