Food issues!

Skysara

Reaction score
I normally love my food but since being pregnant Im feeling sick every day for most of the day. The weird thing is Im still really hungry but dont know what I want to eat, I just seem to want plain stuff and my normal favourites like salad make me feel quite ill to think about. Im also really thirsty but trying to keep the diet coke to one a day, I hate water and don't want to drink juice!:roll:
After Ive eaten I feel huge, and like Ive swallowed a brick, making me not want to eat, making me feel sick and the whole thing starts again.
The reason Im worried is that if I dont eat regularly I feel faint :roll: Am I normal?

the answer to your question is yes you are definately a normal pregnant person :rofl: i know exactly what you mean. it feels like you are starving to death and cant handle anything but a slice of bread! i promise you it does pass, when i was in tri 1 it was really horrible as it felt like it was never going to end and id never be able to eat a normal meal ever again but it passed at about 18 weeks, and now i can eat normally again!

Do your best to eat what you can nutritious, but if you cant manage much then dont worry too much, it will eventually pass and you can make up for all the food youve missed out on :D x

hi flexilexi....

skysara, flexilexi pretty much summed it up. that feeling will pass. the best thing i can advise is to try and discover what u can eat. i went off everything up til 10 weeks.

nesquick, weetabix and grapes were a big winner for me. but try to eat little and and often. trying to have a normal sized meal will either put u off or make u wanna be sick (or at least feel like it)
and make sure you are taking your folic acid,, if your not eating as much as you would like, invest in some pregancare.

wish u all the best in your pregnancy xx

From about 5 week to 7 weeks pregnant I was eating like a pig, couldn't stop. But not although I feel the same hunger im exactly like you as soon as I sit down to eat I feel awful and dont want it. And when I do eat it, it just feels soo heavy in my belly :( Im just trying to eat little and often or something when I really fancy it.

Having similar problems, not worrying about it too much and just trying to eat when I can. It's hard to find something I really want to eat and I'm really hungry but get full really quickly! All for a good cause though :)

Thanks so much, with no pregnant friends it really helps to get answers here x

Hey Hun it is completely normal. At nearly 35 weeks I'm STILL off loads of things. I was vegan before I got pregnant. Well, a raw vegan actually. I never cooked anything and lived a ridiculously healthy lifestyle. Then I got pregnant and the sickness started and ever since it feels like I've lived off toast, potatoes and cheese!

I can't stomach salad anymore and that was my staple diet before! I also used to drink green smoothies daily, normally made up of a load of blended spinach and orange. Now I didnt just drink these for health reasons - i loved the taste too but getting pregnant i just went off them. I've managed to drink one about 5 times since preggers (from at least one or two per day before).

I'm up right now because I'm not feeling well so thought I'd make a green smoothie, packed full of nutrients and feel better. No sooner had I drank it, I chucked the whole lot back up!!! And now I'm feeling sick again.

My advice - eat what makes you happy and feel good! X

tell me about it, last night was the 1st meal i enjoyed in a long time, egg fried rice from chippy, its drinking aswell though, i'm so thirsty all the time but can only drink tea, no water, or juice or pop or milk, which then i get headaches sometimes from too much tea but its only thing that stays down, i'm hoping it eases off soon as i managed to have half a can of coke last nigt without being sick i felt a bit sick but not as badas usual.

Have you tried fizzy water, or Soda water instead of your Diet Coke? I did it to cut down on my sugar for IBS reasons and found it a really good replacement...

Hope you're feeing better Lxx

Thank you, yesterday I had the worst sickness ever but today no sickness.....weird!

I am a complete salad freak but for the first 15 weeks i couldn't even look at a salad it mad me feel ill, but it does pass, honestly. I found plain crackers and some cheddar was always nice to eat, or Jacket potatoes. Anything plain and savoury, but then i had to fancy it other wise it would turn my tummy. Only really sick once or twice, but felt ill most of the time.

Chilled water i find so much nicer, than just water, or fizzy water.

Hope you feel better and there is light at the end of the tunnel honestly ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back