Food, exercise and relaxation....

Applecider

Reaction score
Hey ladies in tri 1!!

Im so happy to be here I just wana post every day. OK so I was thinking today as I nearly made myself egg noodles. WHAT exactly can I eat???? I tend to have cereal in the morning with that milk thats skimmed but tastes like semi. I have a sarni every day for lunch apart from saturday! (fry up!!!!!!!!!!!!) oviously no more soft eggs, but I can have scrambled?? and sausages? and mushrooms?

Ive looked at the NHS website and it seems to be raw products that I cant eat, when im in the sandwhich shop now im paranoid their mayo isnt pasturised... then I think as if!!

For my sarnies, Tuna or salmon once a week, turkey slices with toms and onions, homemade egg mayo or cheese n onion. Maybe treat myself to a panini or tomato soup n a roll on fridays! Is this sounding ok?

Anyone avoiding things like E numbers or sweetner? Im so clueless. Is there any good books!!!!

for evening meals having things like chicken wraps, pasta, spag bol, chicken curry etc. Are we allowed spicey things?

As for exercise im gonna go to my yoga class still but quietly inform my teacher that Ive had a BFP so she can adapt and Im gonna walk 1-3 miles a day in my dinner hour.

Relaxation comes in form of a bath, friends or a really good film with some lush snacks. Maybe might try a bit of light meditation???

Does this sounds ok to u? Im a bit dizzy somtimes so just wanted to know if im on the right lines?

xx:dance:

PS - What are ur plans or menus??

Just thought maybe I should rant this in a diary oops.....

helloooo i was as worried as you about ffod at first but the main things to avoid are runny eggs, any mould ripened cheeses, shellfish and caffeine.

There are so many sites that contradict what you can and cant eat and euro standards are different to UK, like i read you cant eat cured meats?? but you can, you can also eat smoked salmon ( which i love! ) my diet hasnt chnaged too much, eating plenty of fruit, drinking water ( peeing loooads ) and cutting my caffeine intake down ( no more than 300mg a day )

it is sooo confusing and you panic when you eat something you dont know about, i had a pepperami yesterday and shouted at my partner to loook it up on his iphone as i crapped my panties. You dont have to restrict yourself though xxx

One thing i will say is DONT google eveything coz if you are like me you will panic way too muchm, anything your not sure about just post it and the lovely ladies here are a fountain of knowledge

** if anyone thinks i have missed something important please correct me i am new to all this too **

I am craving scotch eggs and chicken nuggets at the moment, just so ya know

congrats and welcome xxxx

Last edited:
All sounds good to me, very healthy i'm impressed. The only question mark I guess is the homemade eye mayo if the mayo didn't used pasturised eggs but if it's shop bought it's probably fine. For exercise for the first few weeks I did everything as normal (running and gym) but just didn't push myself as hard as normal but the past couple of weeks I am too tired to even contemplate exercise of any kind just about drag myself through work. I've tried to cut down or sweetener but certainly not cut in out completely (everything has chemicals in it's ridiculous). Oh and I love spicy food, it is the one thing that I haven't gone off at all YET!

Thanks hun!!! Im worrying about everything! I went to see doc today, she said cramping was fine but she didnt test my wee or blood tests just booked me in with the midwife, she just took my word for it!! Im gonna do another test tomorrow just in case. Feel alot better about the cramping the other night phew :) just hoping my lil bean is doing ok! did ur doc do this??

If im doing one of these lil ticker things in my sig do i enter my OV date or last menstural cycle date????

i really need to chill! xx

Thanks mustard how u feeling apart from tired? U had much sickness! My friend has told me shes 8 weeks prgnant Im made up!!! xx

Ov date will probably be more accurate for you as you ov'd quite late this cycle didn't you? If you but in LMP date the ticker will assume you concieved on day 14/15.

for ur ticker its your last menstrual cycle i think.

I have been worrying soo much i need to chill out, i have done over 20 tests lol i just nned this all to work out i am panicky over evey little twinge but i have known 2 weeks now and it gets easier each day lol there is just so much to take in thats all

ahhhhhhhhhhhh right! Ive thanked u for answering my questions in the other thread! Cheers chic! How exciting is all this!! xx

Im struggling to want to eat anything at the moment - constantly feeling bleurgh! - but my MW today recommended I try stodgy food - so just finished a bowl supper noodles.

Im trying to stay off the diet soda - and watch out for the sweetners - sooo much conflicting advice on that that i figured its just safer that way. I think you're ok with mayo these days - its just really homemade stuff that you've to watch - if in doubt just ask!!

The one thing I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to eat just now is pate - and thats a big no- no - but really cant think of a safe alternative.
xxx

Thanks Apple. I actually feel pretty well, I thought it would be so much worse (I hope feeling ok isn't a bad sign). I do get a bit of nausea if I let myself get too hungry or if I smell petrol (random) but I haven't been sick and nobody at work or in my family has noticed anything is up with me (or they aren't saying if they have noticed) so I'm obviously acting pretty normally.

It will be great being able to compare notes with your friend through the pregnancy.

Last edited:
Im struggling to want to eat anything at the moment - constantly feeling bleurgh! - but my MW today recommended I try stodgy food - so just finished a bowl supper noodles.

Im trying to stay off the diet soda - and watch out for the sweetners - sooo much conflicting advice on that that i figured its just safer that way. I think you're ok with mayo these days - its just really homemade stuff that you've to watch - if in doubt just ask!!

The one thing I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to eat just now is pate - and thats a big no- no - but really cant think of a safe alternative.
xxx

cant you have potted beef?

Hi Apple,

I've been having fruit for breakfast - I'm really bad as I never used to have it so I'm trying to get in the habit.

I've stocked up on some healthy snacks for work such as rice cakes, crackers, fruit. For lunch I've been having ham rocket and hummus in a warm pitta bread.

For evening meal we've been having stirfry, fishcake salads, chili, pork with couscous and baked mushroom.

tonight I did one of those colemans bake in the bag things so we had paprika chicken with new potatoes and mediterranean veg- yum!

I go swimming once a week which I want to keep up and I might join a yoga or pilates class.

Xx

Yeah I was the same too stil a little unsure on some stuff but was glad to find out well cooked eggs are ok, the sickness has stoped me being able to stomach much food but i find potatoe waffles seem to sit nicely any time of day

I was advised by friends to only exercice 3 times a week as any who walked every day ended up with very bad hip pain

anyone find out any info on makeup and body products that need to be avoided, I have found various acticles naming all these ingredients but not much help when you dont have to packaging of everything in your makeup bag

Sounds like you're doing ok to me hun.

The only thing I'd say is watch your bath temperature as you're not suppose to get too hot, but it's only if its really hot and makes your skin go red (how I like baths :roll: lol)

Hope you're well.

xxx

Thanks guys! What temp should I have it? I have a thermometer so I can pop it in. The thing is I dont kno whats hot and what not because i have it quite hot - or so OH says!

ha.

Im also drinking filter water ive got one of them lil brita ones hope they ok??

coolbeans im buying asda lil pots of ready chopped fruit and washing them again just in case they are sooooooooooo yummy!!!

Is yogurt ok? if so i might pop some oats and yogurt on the top for an extra taste?!

I have got to stop moaning!!!

xx

xx

AC seems u have it all sorted already! sounds like a healthy diet and the lunch time walks and yoga are great!!!!

i agree with olive, u have to be careful with bath temp, i'd have it as cool as you can take. ive still not had a bath since my bfp :bath: showers all the way!

xx

I think Im going to have to invest in a shower!! I dont have one at the moment. I had a bath tonight. dya think this ok? xx

you just need to make sure its not too hot, i dont want to worry anyone but my midwife was quite firm about it. just have 'warm' baths rather than hot.

also, the reason they say to have warm baths is so that your body temp doesn't go too high, a high temperature can be dangerous but when i was in hospital for a week my temperature was through the roof for days and my baby seems fine!! so i think its all 'be careful' so dont worry too much hunny! xxx

Thanks Pos, i feel a lil sick now! Im 4 weeks and some people dont know by then usually? Showers from now on! xx

Last edited:
Sounds good Applecider! I think yougurt is okay as long as it's made from pasturized milk (which I think most yougurts are in our modern world). I'm sure you will do just fine:) Wish you lots of luck!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back