Spicy foods and snacks

Applecider

Reaction score
Hey all,

Do you know if u can eat spicy foods? I just had a really spicy curry. Are u eating these? Also im finding it really hard to find snacks that dont have sweetner or e-numbers in it. Im very dissapointed to see so many foods n drinks have it!! :(

xx

Last edited:
i didnt know sweetners were a no no??? eek im in trouble now then! as i thought i was doing so well swopping my sugar for sweetners and everything!!!
as far as i know spices and curry is fine! :) x

its not been warned or anything is just me being over the top!! xx

Last edited:
I think spicy foods are okay. At least I eat them;)

When it comes to sweetners and e-numbers, I don't really pay a lot attention to it. But what we do is that we always make our foods from scratch, such as sauses and stuff, and than I think we avoid a lot of e-numbers.

xx

I think the risk with spicy food is it giving you the shits :)

Excessive runs can bring on contractions in very early pregnancy and late pregnancy - don't know about inbetween.

i think if you are used to spicy then its ok to continue........we are having a hot one tonight :) i always have the runs cos i have ibs...sorry tmi...lol.....so i'm okay

dont worry about sweeteners and e numbers.......jut have a bit of what you fancy, except pate of course and funny cheeses etc.... :D xx

I've been ok with spicy food, but sometimes can feel a smidge of heartburn afterwards :)

I can't help eating bad stuff too. I'm trying to improve this now I don't feel so rough, but when you start to feel nauseous you just have to eat what you fancy! That was my excuse anyway...;)

xxx

One of reasons i think they tell you to watch the spicy stuff is it sometimes makes the nausea worse - my MW said to stick to blandish foods cos i was feeling awful. - but if your fine, and enjoying it - then go for it honey.

As for the e numbers and sweetners - i did find something online (yes i know its bad to read lots of stuff) - that asparteme may be a risky thing to have much of - although there doesnt seem to be conclusive evidcence - and it can kinda get a bad name anyways.

My diet is absolutely awful just now - i still feel ill a lot of the time - so am generally just eating what i fancy when i want it - and its usually junk food. Today's diet consisted of a roll with butter and jam, a strawberry tart and aromatic duck from the chinese. :(

x

There was a big thread in tri 2 about aspertame recently if you fancy a read. I've found nothing from the NHS about it, but some of the girls feel very strongly about it. Unfortunately, it seems to be in bloody loads of things :Roll:

xx

yeah we have stopped getting no added sugar squash cos of the aspartine stuff...just get normal squash now..xx

I try n keep away from aspartame a anyway it seems it's in alot if things!! I've finally found one squash with nothing in! I try n avoid msg although can be difficult! All in moderation I suppose, I'm trying to eat everything fresh n cooked but it's a time thing!!

Thanks for all ur answers xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back