Follow up scan

Sunflower1

Reaction score
Is it normal to have to go for a follow up scan a couple of weeks after a miscarriage is confirmed by scan?

I’ve never heard of it? Normally they just say to poas until you get negatives. Have they said why?

It's a letter from Ostetrics and Antenatal Department, they ask to bring my maternity notes and a urine sample...they don't mention miscarriage. I'm starting to think it's a horrible mistake and they still think I'm pregnant. It sounds more like an antenatal scan.

I've already had a negative pregnancy test at the hospital and a scan confirming it's all gone.

Oh no :( It does sound like it's an awful mistake. I'd call them up to confirm, you don't want to go all the way there and go through all that if it's a mistake.

So sorry for your loss

I had a follow up scan hun they'll be checking for retained tissue. Sorry to sound so clinical :( it's to make sure you're all clear and not open to infection x

I would call and double check just to make sure xx

I had just one scan with mine, it was a week after spotting started and I passed everything the night/morning before the scan. So there was nothing much left there when they scanned me.

All they did was bloods 48 hours apart to double check my levels were dropping. I was never called back for another scan.

I had a follow up scan hun they'll be checking for retained tissue. Sorry to sound so clinical :( it's to make sure you're all clear and not open to infection x

They've already scanned me and said it was a 'clean' miscarriage and there was nothing left...also the EPU said that was it and they didn't need to see me again. Was it the EPU that did your second scan? And were you asked to bring your maternity notes to a miscarriage appointment? It just seems a bit odd and insensitive. I had stopped bleeding 2 weeks before the scan.

Last edited:
Oh no I wasn't asked for my maternity notes... Definitely give them a call hun. It was a long time ago for me now I don't remember where I went for it. It was just a the local hospital.

I hope they haven't messed up because that's pretty insensitive

Hope you're OK chick :(

We tried to call but they're not taking calls til Monday. I'm a total mess...I can't stop crying. I was doing better until this appointment letter came. We had planned to start trying next cycle, and another appointment means we'll have to wait a month. I really hope it's a mistake.

I’ve never heard of it? Normally they just say to poas until you get negatives. Have they said why?

No not at all. That's why I'm so confused. I was told it was done and everything had gone.

My honest instinct is that it’s a mistake and it’s for a pregnancy scan. Sorry hun x

Would you have been 12 weeks (or around that) on the date of scan they’re offering you?

I had my 12 week scan Letter through just a few days after miscarriage was confirmed it was awful :(

Would you have been 12 weeks (or around that) on the date of scan they’re offering you?

I had my 12 week scan Letter through just a few days after miscarriage was confirmed it was awful :(

I'd be eleven and a half weeks...but I already had my scan letter through for thirteen and a half weeks. Reread the letter and there is no mention of a scan...just bring maternity notes and urine...sounds to me like some kind of prenatal appointment. I think they have to tell you if it's a scan.

So sorry you got your scan letter through after your miscarriage...

I had a look at the Miscarriage Association website...it said one woman cried for an hour and then she was ok!!! I've been crying all week and feeling worse and worse.

I'm pretty sure this letter is a mistake. I dont imagine they would have sent it only 2 days after the miscarriage scan...seems a bit fast for the NHS.

We all handle it so differently. :(

Yes it has to be.. I wish the nhs moved that fast!

It depends if you still had like blood clots in there. They want to make sure its all out cos can cause infection, did they say anything about an incomplete mc? X

It depends if you still had like blood clots in there. They want to make sure its all out cos can cause infection, did they say anything about an incomplete mc? X

No they said it had all gone...no sign of a pregnancy.

Oh, that is strange then. I would call them to see why theu want to scan you again... X

Got through to the hospital, it was an antenatal appointment and has now been cancelled. Relieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back