folic acid

racha

Reaction score
is any one else taking folic acid i worry about taking tablets is there any side affects

Oh you should def be taking folic acid - one a day - there are no side effects from these and if you take too much it is simply excreted

As Jensbump says def def def take folic acid!!! It's something we take in naturally in food anyway, but we don't get enough from our diet, and so the tablet is just a supplement to that which we get in our food. Especially important if you can't eat your normal diet due to morning sickness! But is important for anyone up to 12 weeks pregnant. It helps with the development of the baby's nervous system and has been proven to reduce likelihood of diseases such as Spina Bifida. There are no side effects so take it wihout worry!
xxx

def take it and baked beans are full of folic acid i lived on them when i was having my lb xxxx

Spinach and mushrooms are full of folic acid too so you could try eatng them too?!?!
xxxx

You can't have too much folic acid and its so worth it for the benefits to LO. As Jensbump and English rose said you need to take it and any excess your body can get rid of! My GP gave me the first trimester supply free, don;t know if yours can do the same but v cheap, and have as much in your diet as you can! :) You can stop after first 12 weeks but no harm in carrying on either, and I intend to with pregnancy multi vits. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back