folic acid

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
Do you stop taking folic acid when you hit 12 weeks or wait til you hit 13 weeks? I'm just wondering as I'm now 12 weeks and still taking it. I wasn't sure if I should stop or wait til I was 13 weeks??
xx

It won't do you any harm if you take it for another week, you just wee the extra stuff out!

I thought that too so that's why I've just kept taking them. Just wondering that's all.
Acid wee... nice!! lol xxx

Maybe worth waiting til your dating scan as well just incase your dates are a few days out as well, must admit I hate taking them, hard to swallow!

Hi all just saw this thread and after some advice I started taking folic around 9 weeks as I didn't realise we we're pregnant. I do take folic although most days I vomit it back up also find it hard to swallow. So when do u stop taking folic as I presumed u took it till birth whooops! Xxx

Hi all just saw this thread and after some advice I started taking folic around 9 weeks as I didn't realise we we're pregnant. I do take folic although most days I vomit it back up also find it hard to swallow. So when do u stop taking folic as I presumed u took it till birth whooops! Xxx

You only need to take it during tri 1 so about 12-13 weeks most people stop

I've been taking Pregnacare original tablets, which have folic acid in them. Should I stop taking these and change to something else? :S

It says on the packet you can take them right up until birth but I'm unsure now? x

You can take them right up until birth from BFP but it isnt necessary. Usually take until the end of Tri-1 and then start taking them again shortly before birth if you plan to breastfeed. You can also take them through breastfeeding. But each person is different and it depends what you want to gain from it.

Pregnacare Original is fine or you could look out for the double pack which also has Omega-3 in it.

I just bought a pack of Pregnacare original. It says on the box that folic acid is also necessary later in pregnancy for blood formation.

I also read some info on the Internet, it also says that it can be benefitial for blood and nervous system, and won't be harmful anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back