Folic acid and pregnancy vits

flowers2014

Reaction score
I understand you should have folic acid in the first 3 months but can you have it after too? Otherwise I will have too many left I guess.

Another thing is I saw a brand called Valupak and they had folic acid in a pink labelled box. But they also had something called Pregnancy Food Supplement in the same colour so I assumed they were both folic acid but after I realised the Pregnancy Food Supplement doesn't seem like it's folic acid as it has loads of ingredients in it. Is that for the later months?

Folic acid is good for iron absorption so just finish your pack! I plan to take it all the way through!

you can either tqake a pregnacny all in one vitqamin suppliment or take folic acid seperatly but ensure you also take vitamin d and get a good balenced diet. there is no harm to taking a pregnancy supplimetn throughout pregnancy i took my preg vits up to 25 weeks and then decide3d to just control using diet i think the first 3 months are the most important to take the folic acid due to neural tube defect prevention.xx

I take multi vitamins anyway so have just switched to pregnancy specific ones to make sure I'm still getting all I (we) need. I'm planning on taking them throughout.

Last edited:
Okay so I am taking folic acid till they run out unless you guys say I should go buy some more. They have 90 in a pack.

I am getting rid of the pregnancy supplement as it has too many ingredients for my liking and I thought it was folic acid but it isn't.

I am eating healthily but I am not walking outside much at all as it is very hot.

What should I take for Vitamin D?

And thank you all for your replies.

I have taken folic acid before I conceived then switched to pregnacare with folic acid in. Also took the ones with omega 3 in them for the first 3 months while the brain was developing. Taken pregnacare throughout as has added iron and my Hb has been good.

I took pregnacare throughout last time. Probably will this time too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back